Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Musical instrument - Do you play?

I played piano for years.... even played for Sunday school. Still have the piano but it is at my daughter's house. Need to bring it home one day!

I play piano, clarinet and sing. I haven't had a chance to play/sing lately but I do love music.

I love music, but the only instrument I actually play well is my boudhran. I rarely play it typically in Irish fashion, I prefer to hand play it, and love playing it to country and bluegrass music. I tried the guitar and autoharp but holding them causes me too much pain in my neck and shoulders. bummer!
    My husband owns a music shop, plays just about everything, if not everything, he sells and has jams in the store every Saturday afternoon.
    I also write a few songs now and then and love to sing, tho I sing with heart, not necessarily talent. LOL
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Piano and piano accordian,but not much anymore.Too busy quilting.
    Patchworkmarion

Unfortunalety I am not musically inclined at all. When we lived in Alaska I joined in the Hand Bell Choir. I tried SO hard to read music but my brain just is not wired for that. I attended all the practice meetings. The other people in the group, mostly older folks at that time were very nice and encouraging but I knew I was not good at it. So I ended up dropping out. I was actually sad because I just could not "get it".
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I play the radio really well! I took piano for about 6 months as a child. Just couldn't make the time for practicing. All 3 children can play the piano (living thru mother's mistake) and husband plays sax. I did take piano lessons again as an adult for a couple years, but I would much rather sew than practice.

I always wanted to play the piano as a child. I took accordian lessons for awhile as a kid. About 10 years ago when my daughter stopped taking lessons I asked her teacher if she took in adults. I took lessons for 9 years. I'm not the greatest but it was a dream. She even entered me into federation competitions. I earned a silver cup. Guess old people dont get gold but silver. Anyway I was happy. I play handbells in our church bell choir. I love doing that.
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Piano, but not for many, many years. I do think of taking it up again, though.
    Me too, played for many years in elementary and junior high. Have seriously though about getting one of those nice keyboards but I KEEP buying sewing machines
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Piano. I'm better when I practice a lot, not so much when I don't. But only play for myself.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

My sewing machine is the only instrument I play.
    ABCDEFG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast