Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Musical instrument - Do you play? >

Musical instrument - Do you play?

Musical instrument - Do you play?

Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Default Musical instrument - Do you play?

I have always wanted to 'try' to play an autoharp. Finally found one at a good price and have started practing.
It got me to wondering...
Since all of the ladies and gentlemen on the board are so talented, do you play any instrument and what..if you do? And when do you find time? LOL
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

My DIL is a very accomplished musician and teaches music as well. I could take lessons but so far I have not had the same desire to learn as I have for quilting.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Piano, but not for many, many years. I do think of taking it up again, though.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM

Piano, but only for my own pleasure. It is a creative outlet as well. I especially sit down and play if I am stressed. I find it is a great relaxer.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM

You are never too old to learn something that is new and creative. Making a quilt is love of the creative spirit and that is my new challenge after singing and playing the piano all of my life. I feel so inspired when I read the posts here at the Quilting Board. I have learned alot and now I sing and stitch. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 PM

When I retired almost 2 years ago, one of my goals was to play the banjo. I have been taking lessons for almost a year and don't consider myself very good yet even though I have a musical background. Never the less, I still enjoy it.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:46 PM

I play several....piano, organ, keyboard, guitar, clarinet, oboe, bass clarinet and have attempted any others I came across. My Dad was a very talented musician...but unfortunately, I am the only one in the family who took after him. And I WILL play for folks if forced into it...but I'd much rather play just for me. I like the oldies, hymns and some classical music, and I play to relieve stress and sometimes, "just 'cause I can"....
Old 12-03-2012, 06:10 PM

I play piano and learned to play the zither for our community theater production of "Smoke on the Mountain". It is a wonderful musical about a traveling family of Gospel singers in the South in the 1930's. Anyway my husband plays guitar, our son plays clarinet and drums and our daughter plays french horn and flute. Our son-in-law plays eight different instruments and our two-year old granddaughter loves to dance and play her xylophone. My favorite instrument is bagpipes and I love to hear them play marches, laments, and of course Amazing Grace.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 PM

i took piano lessons for 10 years also played the clairnet and taught myself the accordian havent played in years
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Piano/keyboard here, but self taught. I play at our local church each Sunday ... it's a very small church and very very lacking in musicians, otherwise I wouldn't be playing...lol. But, there's a need there and I am able to fill it