Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2 year olds generous heart..

Blog Entries
    I think I'm raising her right!

DH got sent to Boston for a little over a week. He decided to bring me and our 2 year old DD. On the drive up we stopped in a McDonalds to eat something. DD was hungry and I got a happy meal for her too since I don't eat McDonalds. Both of the Happy Meals had the same toy inside.

Three days later DH was working, and DD and I were in the only "restaurant" somewhat near the hotel - another McDonalds. I ordered her another Happy Meal and I had a water. There was a small girl, maybe 3 or 4 in tears, with her mom in tears too. A man was sitting with them. As we passed by, DD asks me, "Why she sad?" I didn't know.

We sat down, DD opened up her Happy Meal and saw she had another of the same dolls. She looked at me and said, "I have three, I go stop the girl from crying?" And before I knew it, DD was out of her chair, and over to the little girl with the new Happy Meal toy and gave it to her and said, "This for you so you not cry anymore." then DD gave her a big hug and came back to her lunch.

She looked at me, gave me the biggest smile ever and said, "The little girl's not sad anymore Mommy."

I just wanted to share. I'm so proud of my little girl.

Wasn't that precious.

very sweet- you must be doing a good job...

How precious our little ones are! Give her a hug from us, and tell her how proud we are of her.

... just melts your heart!

Awww....so sweet!

Blog Entries
    that is so cute, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    I think I'm raising her right!

DH got sent to Boston for a little over a week. He decided to bring me and our 2 year old DD. On the drive up we stopped in a McDonalds to eat something. DD was hungry and I got a happy meal for her too since I don't eat McDonalds. Both of the Happy Meals had the same toy inside.

Three days later DH was working, and DD and I were in the only "restaurant" somewhat near the hotel - another McDonalds. I ordered her another Happy Meal and I had a water. There was a small girl, maybe 3 or 4 in tears, with her mom in tears too. A man was sitting with them. As we passed by, DD asks me, "Why she sad?" I didn't know.

We sat down, DD opened up her Happy Meal and saw she had another of the same dolls. She looked at me and said, "I have three, I go stop the girl from crying?" And before I knew it, DD was out of her chair, and over to the little girl with the new Happy Meal toy and gave it to her and said, "This for you so you not cry anymore." then DD gave her a big hug and came back to her lunch.

She looked at me, gave me the biggest smile ever and said, "The little girl's not sad anymore Mommy."

I just wanted to share. I'm so proud of my little girl.

Aawwhh!! How very sweet- you must be doing a good job. What a precious little girl to learn to be giving at such an early age!

Pam M

Blog Entries
    Awesome! You are obviously doing something right! Wish more kids knew about generosity.

So precious,what a beautiful story.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast