Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my crumb squares are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 PM

don't feel lonesome. my DH came into the sewing room and saw me sorting the big scraps from the crumbs, he didn't say nothing just kept on going. The next morning he saw my box of crumbs all nice and neatly packed into a box next to the door way (because I hadn't found a place to put them yet) and thought they were ready for the dump so he did me a favor and took them while I was sleeping. I looked for 2 days trying to find where I put them when he came in to see what I was looking for. When I told him his mouth hit the floor and I knew right away he did something bad. I just looked at him and "Oh! No you didn't!" and he said "I'm afraid yes I did"
End of story.
Time to collect more is all I can say.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
My mother always had a saying "The path to hell was paved with good intentions" sounds like a lot of that going around.
Amen to that!

;-)
Old 10-07-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
Originally Posted by girliegirl
OMG.... my crumb squares are PIA!!! My MIL cleaned up my sewing area and now they are gone............ If she threw them out, I am going to beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee very pppppppppppppppd... Why can't she leave me stuff alone...... ARGH
I would be tickled to death! If the scraps were gone, I could quilt feeling guilty about them. froggyintexas

Oh froggy, never feel guilty about your scraps, just send them here to me and I promise to put them to great use in some nice cuddly therapy throws that I donate for chemo and dialysis patients!!! I make them for kids having chemo too, so kid print scraps work too. hugs and smilesss
Old 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm sorry about your missing "crumbs". My husband won't even go into my sewing room. I have to tell him it's okay. He also won't look into my purse for anything. He brings it to me if I ask him to look in it and get the checkbook if he's going to the store. He holds it like it might bite him. LOL
Old 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Put a lock on the door. :?
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Dear MIL, You have committed a quilting faux pas. :shock: Crumbs are part of future projects. Shall I show you, when I get ready to use them?

Gotta love them, they are ' being helpful'.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch
don't feel lonesome. my DH came into the sewing room and saw me sorting the big scraps from the crumbs, he didn't say nothing just kept on going. The next morning he saw my box of crumbs all nice and neatly packed into a box next to the door way (because I hadn't found a place to put them yet) and thought they were ready for the dump so he did me a favor and took them while I was sleeping. I looked for 2 days trying to find where I put them when he came in to see what I was looking for. When I told him his mouth hit the floor and I knew right away he did something bad. I just looked at him and "Oh! No you didn't!" and he said "I'm afraid yes I did"
End of story.
Time to collect more is all I can say.
And with that did he pass you some "hu$h" $???
Hope so!!
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 PM

You know what...maybe forget the talking and reasoning....just threaten her with a rotary cutter ROFLBO....only teasing hmmmm although....lol
Old 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM

Ouch!
Old 10-08-2011, 03:11 AM

You could always get rid of something she doesn't need the next time you visit...