Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My daughter and grandson on news!!!

Banned
    Blog Entries

My daughter and grandson on news!!!

I dont remember how to make a direct link,,,someone feel free,,,thanks!
    http://www.nbcactionnews.com//dpp/ne...ing-harassment

Good for them for standing up to the district. No child should be harrassed, humiliated like that especially in front of the whole class. I feel for your Grandson and hope justice prevails. Thank you for sharing You should be so proud as Im sure you are
    SUEB

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    I know how that is as my son has A.D.D. and his high school years were very rough. For the most part he had awesome teachers but there is ALWAYS that ONE and his was when he was a Jr.
    Keep us posted please.
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

Your daughter has done a lot right raising this child. I am so proud of him for standing up for his rights!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry for what they had to go through! And grateful for what they are doing!

My grandson suffered through pre-school, kindergarten and grades one and two. Kept being regarded as a discipline problem. We worried about his future but FINALLY in grade three he had a teacher who "got" it and in the next few years (aided by medication, also) he has become a super star. Lucky, lucky boy!
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

My son has Aperger's Syndrome, which is a form of autism. He is now 32 years old, has college degree and a steady job. However, this was in spite of the school system. For the most part his school years were a nightmare, with much the same experiences as your grandson. I spent so much time at the school in his elementary years and it did him little good. I hear things are better now days, but what the article described in just the sort of thing he suffered through. Just be there, be supportive and give him lots of love. It's hard to determine when to be tough and when to fight, but use your instinct.

It does get better.
    Arlene

I am livid that any so called teacher would behave this way. Please tell your grandson and daughter that I am proud they stood up to such bullying. Be there in support of them and point out your grandson's positive behaviors.

Life will get better some day, have faith.

Kat

Blog Entries
    tell them to fight hard for his rights. there are laws in pace to protect kids with disabilities even if we can't see what they are-my duaghter had issues at different levels of school because of spina bifida but we were blessed with a proncipal who gave us a book explaining that she had every right and then some to get whatever she needed to get her education Ultimately she finished high school online at home due to medical issues but if your child has an IEP plan in place that teacher should be disciplined and the idiot who didn't make the teacher aware of the IEP. Good luck and God Bless your grandson!!!

It really gets me that they expect your daughter to pay for an online class!

Three of my Grandsons were on medication to help them control their actions so they could learn. The one that had the hardest time is now in college with a 3.8 grade average, he is a very smart young man. The second is in high school, 3rd is serving in the U.S. Army, defending our freedoms. I hope things get better real soon.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast