Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My day at my S & W class......

The class started at 10 am. By 10:30 or so, I was cutting my material with the 60mm rotary cutter and decided I needed a battle scar to go along with it. I cut my left ring finger and we could not get it to stop bleeding after 6 or so large guaze. By 11:40, I left the class and headed to the hospital. Sat in room for 2 and half hours, got the bleeding to stop, finally with no help from the staff and decided the heck with it and left. Went to walmart, picked up hydrogen peroxide and butterfly stips and came home and had hubby help dress it up. Thankfully the guild meeting is monday night and I can take all my stuff back to the meeting and get started on my S & W. The rest of the group will be working on christmas stockings. The only thing I accomplished was cutting my 12 even pieces.......Talk about aggrivated and sore!

So sorry that happened, and that you could not get seen at the ER. You might want to check with your doctor about a tetanus shot if you haven't had one recently.

Blog Entries
    oh poor you. I'm glad you got it taken care of, even if you had to do that at home. I cut my thumb and sat around home 4 hours with it bleeding. went to the ER and sat very still (which didn't do at home) for another hour and they just wrapped gauze around it because it had stopped bleeding by then.

The pioneers didn't have ER's either and they survived....good for you! Keep quilting~!

Well! For goodness sake! I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Those dang things are extremely sharp aren't they? I just touched one to my finger accidently and it cut it enlugh to bleed.

Blog Entries
    Use the peroxide at 1/2 strength by using equal parts peroxide & water. Otherwise it is too strong & you could easily make it worse. Ask me how I know..................
    Hope you heal quickly!

Blog Entries
    our DGD ran into the edge of the door Mon. Split her head about 2 in. starting between her eyes going up. She was waiting in the ER for 4 hrs. for butterfly Strips.