Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My dog will be getting a happy pill with breakfast.

Blog Entries
    I got up this morning about 5am and what do I hear but somebody celebrating with fireworks!

Interesting note. Since I started giving him happy pills in anticipation of thunderstorms I noticed that he's not as freaked out as he used to be. I mentioned this to DD#2 who mentioned it to a trainer she knows. Apparently this is normal. They seem to realize that the noise itself is not as bad as they thought. DD#2 got some happy pills for her dog - hope it helps.

Me too.

My 15 yr old Yorkie has dementia..go figure. He gets a happy pill at breakfast and before bedtime. Without it, he barks constantly while staring at walls and wakes up several times at night barking for no reason. Other than that, he is in good health and still looks like a young dog. He mind is just going! Poor little thing.

My dog is terrified of thunderstorms. Please explain what a happy pill is, I think he could use some!

Blog Entries
    Acepromazine - a prescription tranquilizer. I give my dog the minimum amount.

for more information:
    http://www.1800petmeds.com/Acepromazine-prod10209.html

Blog Entries
    for thunderstorms, just take a clothes dryer freshner sheet (no scent ones) and rub on the back of the neck and really does work,

I told my friend and she uses it on all 3 dogs and now they are calm and likes the thunderstorms now

be sure to get the unscented ones to use on the back of the neck just rub on

Quote Originally Posted by Glassquilt
    Acepromazine - a prescription tranquilizer. I give my dog the minimum amount.

for more information:
    http://www.1800petmeds.com/Acepromazine-prod10209.html
    Thank you. I'll ask my vet about it.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    for thunderstorms, just take a clothes dryer freshner sheet (no scent ones) and rub on the back of the neck and really does work,

I told my friend and she uses it on all 3 dogs and now they are calm and likes the thunderstorms now

be sure to get the unscented ones to use on the back of the neck just rub on
    I've heard that about dryer sheets. I'll give that a try as well.

Blog Entries
    They were still going off at 1am last night, heard another one at 5am too :roll: I will be happy when midnight tomorrow comes and they can't have them again for another 6 months LOL :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    I give my Roxy vet perscribed "Doggie downers". If I don't, thunderstorms, bombing at the base and fireworks have her shaking until she is exhausted. The dryer sheets do nothing to help her at all. I cut the pills in half. It costs less to buy the larger pills and cut them in half. Oh, BTW, that is Louie in the picture, not Roxy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast