Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My first dressform - so excited!

My first dressform - so excited!

I've been sewing clothes for myself since I was 6 years old but have never had a dressform. I mentioned to my DH recently that I would love to have one as I've started to make work clothes for myself lately, requiring more tayloring. He is all for it. I had the taxes done yesterday & we are getting a refund so I've just ordered the Adjustoform dress form from the UK. It has 8 body sections & 12 points of adjustments so sounds like it's a great deal more flexible than those products I've looked at here in the states. I also love that it's on a solid wood stand (and cap) so actually will be a pretty piece of furniture. Can't wait... but have to for a couple of weeks as it is shipping from the UK.
    Shannon

Congrats - should make your life much, much easier.

I love those forms too, but just don't do enough fashion sewing to warrant buying one. I would get more use out of the child size one since a lot of the clothes I sew are for the grands. Enjoy yours :-)
    Lori - MamaBear

do you have a name picked out for your form? It'll be like another person hanging around. Have fun with using it?

Blog Entries
    Congrats, I took a class a few yrs ago tailoring a jacket and then making a template out of interfacing to make sure the fit was good. I'm sure the dress form will make life alot sweeter.
    Judy

I haven't picked out a name yet... I need to meet her first! It will indeed be nice to have her around, especially in my house filled with guys - DH & 2 teen boys! It should make sewing for myself much more a pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakkity View Post
    do you have a name picked out for your form? It'll be like another person hanging around. Have fun with using it?
    Shannon