Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My first grandchild - baby Rainn

This is a photo of my first grandchild - his name is Rainn Michael and was born 4 weeks ago today. He weighed 1 pound 4 ounces when he was born - at 27 weeks 3 days and has been a pretty tough little guy so far. He has now gained about 7 ounces, which doesn't sound like much, but it IS over 33% of his starting weight! He has a long way to go in the NICU, probably 2 more months, but he will be able to get more and more nutrition now that he is a little older. He has a CPAP - the apparatus on his face - but they are weaning him off of that eventually.

Now - hopefully, I will be able to load the photo.....

Baby Rainn
    Name:  Attachment-246030.jpe
Views: 12
Size:  30.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Oh, he is so beautiful! God bless him.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely precious!!! What an amazing little guy! Congrats to you and to mom and dad!

Ohhhhhh... that beautiful precious boy! I can just see his little button nose under there. So tiny- have you been able to hold him yet? Congrats to you and your family- and prayers for his rapid growth so he can come HOME!

I have a friend at church with a beautiful, straight As, spunky as all get out 12 year old. She was born early like little Rainn. I think she weighed under 2 pounds as well. They had a rough time in the beginning, and she had a lot of ear infections and stuff her first couple years, but she is an amazing girl now! And tall for her age too!

Blog Entries
    Oh my, he is so tiny and precious!!!!!! Prayers are coming his way to keep him strong and growing!!

My son-in-law's first cousin and wife little girl was born extremely early also. I think she also weighed just over a pound. Now she is an adorable, talkative little 2 year old. You would never know she was a tiny preemie.

what a miricle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOd is Good

Blog Entries
    Beautiful baby boy, my nephew was born 22 years ago and weighed 3 11 but today he is 6' 3" and weighs about 250 and a wonderful young man. Prays are with the little sweetheart.

Blog Entries
    What a sweetheart and so glad yall are getting the physical contact with him. My sister is a NICU nurse and she has had babies that fit in the palm of her hand and they thrive. God is unbelievable!!

Prayers are going out for this beautiful little boy. I had granddaughters born 7 weeks early, 18 years ago, and lucky for them, they weighed in at 4 1/2# each. They spent 6 weeks in NICU, and to look at them now, you would never believe they were preemies. They are both close to 6 ft tall, and are doing just fine. The miracles of modern medicine and the power of prayer will take care of him.

Amazing! Glad he is doing well! Prayers for him to continue improving!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast