My Grandson's Wedding Pics

Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Loved the next two sets of photos - your son's wedding - wow, it's like groundhog day!! Everyone looked so "cool" - Isn't it wild going back in time? Your hair was much shorter too or was it pulled back?

Glad it was such a fun time.

BTW, my in-laws are both only children too. There are now 6 kids (including us "peripherals') and 6 grandkids and they love it! We have family functions fairly often and I know they feel so blessed to have so much family around them.
I used to wear my hair cut really short. It was easier back then. But I have a hard time dealing with hair tickling my neck when it starts to grow out. So I let it grow long so I could put it up in a ponytail most of the time.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by suzic46
I love that cake!! So cute, made me smile.

It's so nice to read about how close your family is. I think family is the most important thing, not that I was raised that way. It's something I've always craved, having a close knit family. I'm that way with my DH and kids and his family, but my family is purely professional. Each one has a degree and a very good job, my mother was a professor and my brothers and sisters mostly teachers. Me? Well that's another story, black sheep describes me well. I moved here to get closer to my DM & DD and that has happened, but one of my sisters and one brother live here and I never see them. So anyway, sorry so long. I think your family closeness is awesome!!! :D
I have always hated being an only child but when I hear people having problems with siblings - my mom has 13 brothers and sisters and they all have little to do with her-- then I think maybe being an only isn't so bad.

I do get down when I only hear from my boys once every two or three months sometimes. I know they live busy lives but they do call now and then. Usually when they want or need something!! But they do call. Nathan will call while he is on the road and talk for an hour or more.

I have a close relationship with my daughter Sara. We are each others support system. We don't talk every day but most days. The longest is usually 3 days. She even calls me when on vacation. I don't know what I would do without her.

I do tease her sometimes that if something happens to me she will inherit her dad and her grandma Dot (my mom)!! She says nothing can happen to me because she doesn't want to have to deal with her dad and grandma on a day to day basis!!! They would all three drive each other crazy!!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:23 AM

I am the closest with my oldest son, Ryan. We've been through a lot together with my ex. He e-mails me on a daily basis, when he doesn't hear from me he calls, just to talk. He's so far away now, upstate NY and I haven't seen him for 5 years due to money constraints. I'm spending our income tax money on a plane ticket for him to visit in the Spring. My next oldest, Aaron is very close with me also. He left home at 15 to be with a girl he met on the internet and I like you didn't stand in his way, I'd rather know where he was and if he was safe than have him leave anyway. I was able to spend some much needed time with him at Thanksgiving and he is now having a baby (with a different girl) and getting married. He calls every three or four days to let me know the progress of the pregnancy. The next two are my steps, Chandra and Chris, but mine, their mother pretty much abandoned them and they've lived with us on and off. They are also close. Jacob is the baby, and our little buddy, He keeps us young and happy. He is a joy.

Gotta leave to the Doctor for a little while, ttyl.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:47 AM

Rhonda, finally found the pics. Where is Sara? Loved the pic with all the grands w/little ones, but you were standing off to the side. Glen was in it. Cody is so handsome and Alisha & Jayden & their Mom are all dolls. Cute family.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Rhonda, finally found the pics. Where is Sara? Loved the pic with all the grands w/little ones, but you were standing off to the side. Glen was in it. Cody is so handsome and Alisha & Jayden & their Mom are all dolls. Cute family.
I was constantly having to step out of the way so I didn't realize til later that I never got a pic of Sara except sitting in the pews and I think she was looking back at the door. She came late and most of the pics I took of the family were before the wedding. when we came out of the church Glen was starting to lose it so Mom and Sara took him to the car and I still didn't get one of her and her kids. They sat with him in the car while I finished taking pictures.

Here is the only pic I got of her. It isn't the best. Sara is in the blue and my mom is in the yellow.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-23246.jpe  
Old 09-21-2009, 12:34 PM

I figured it out before you just confirmed who Sara is. She sure favors you. Remember I told you'd I'd go back & figure out who everyone was. I'm like that with old photos too. Cherish those old memories.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:59 AM

So glad you shared those beautiful pictures! What a wonderful family you have. I wish them a long and happy marriage!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:44 AM

Great photos Rhonda.
You have a nice looking family. I know what a loving heart you have and how much this day meant, looks like it went off with out a hitch.
I hope your DS and DIL have a happy ever after.

Bettia
Old 09-24-2009, 10:48 AM

Thank you for including all of us in your family, you definately have a family to be proud of. The pictures all speak for themselves, how happy everyone was. Beautiful family, beautiful wedding and beautiful memories.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:06 AM

great pictures, thanks for sharing.