Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Kentucky Trip-Some great Barn Quilts!

There is no place like Kentucky! I have lived here all my life and have traveled different places, but there is no place like it. Glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope you come back and see other parts of KY.
    Pam Riggs

Love the photos. I don't have a barn but I hope to hang one someday on our big wooden shed.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Gorgeous pictures, I have been through Kentucky several times - on the interstate, didn't get to see much. The Hills are a lot like here. I really like the Scarecrow Lady.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    Love the photos. I don't have a barn but I hope to hang one someday on our big wooden shed.
    I plan to do that, too! I have a country blue shed that I'd like to decorate with a quilt block. I have to decide which block and present my great idea to my husband!
    jillnjo

Lucky you!!

My husband and I took a day trip yesterday ... a drive through the country. We headed south west out to Peoria IL (from the Joliet area). We didn't take the interstate ... just country highways. On the way back I commented to my husband that I was disappointed that I didn't see a single barn quilt. Lots of barns ... no barn quilts.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

That tobacco hanging out of the barn sure takes me back, you were in my home area, it is very beautiful country! I sure wish I could go home more often.
    Aronel aka Lee

I have lived in a lot of states and Germany, but Kentucky has always been my HOME, even when I wasn't living here. Every state has it's own beauty, but KY is special to those of us who were born and raised here. There is actually a Barn Quilt Trail. A lot of the county extension offices get the wooden "quilts" painted and the local electric companies go out and hang them. There are a lot of them all around and some are quite intricate. You got some beautiful pictures and I'm glad you had a good time.

As for the tobacco drying in the barn, it's a lot of work! I always like to smell the tobacco curing and never minded working with it.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

Love seeing fall in Kentucky. Whenever I visit my brother and sister in Kentucky it is such a blessing to see the beauty that abounds in Kentucky. Love the barns, the barn quilts, the Inn looked very relaxing. There is no place like home, there is no place like home......
    Carol

Wow, thanks for sharing. Your photos are just beautiful. Made my day, very rainy and windy here.

I love looking for these barns when we travel.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast