Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: my latest projects

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
    Make sure you wash those everytime you carry meat in them, and frequently for other groceries. The San Francisco newspaper had an article that I read somewhere else on the internet about the increased frequency of bacterial infection due to the repeated use of fabric grocery bags. Washing them was the solution to stop the spread of the infections. I think the culprit is ecoli.
    I recycled a few pet food bags that are a plastic type fabric, good size for the family packs of meat and I can flip them inside out and spray with vinegar/water solution when I'm done.
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

Blog Entries
    Those are so pretty and colorful, and so useful. Great job on them.

Great bags. Love your fabrics. Now you'll be shopping in style. :<)
    Kim

On my "to do soon list" is to make an extra large, Lt. weight tote for pop cans and bottles. We return cans/bottles to the grocery store to get deposits back, I much rather we eliminate the whole deposit thing and the recyle company take them away.

Power Poster
    very nice bags!!!
    QUILTNMO

Terrific bags! They are so pretty and bright that you probably don't mind the overpriced grocery goods you put in just right. Thanks for sharing.

Take one of your plasic bags that you get from the grocery store, lay it flat, cut off the bottom straight across, and then open up the sides, leaving the handles in tact. Open up the plastic bag from the bottom Now you have a pattern for making a cloth bag with handles from your stash - I make mine about 5 - 6 inches longer than the pattern, you can also make your lining from this plastic pattern. I made my granddaughter a couple to carry her tap shoes and dance clothes.
    Quilting People are the Best, Have a great sewing day!
    DonnaJ

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I swear the plastic gets thinner and thinner! The cloth bags are #1 prettier, #2 are reliable, and most importantly-better for the environment. nice job!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2