My lovely daughter

Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM

She never ask for much, but when she does, boy! am I in trouble!

She lives in Queens, we are in the north of The Bronx. Not far, but a bridge toll away, which come to almost $13.00 we have to go there. She is having boyfriend trouble and is lonely, so she has been calling me 3 or 4 time a day...yes, per day!!! She is 23 and I expect her to be busy between friends, boyfriend and work, but somehow she is not. Not a problem, I am in school break so I enjoy going to see her, her coming over more often, talking more often, etc

Tuesday or Wednesday she called asking if this weekend we can go to the beach. She has not asked to go to the beach in at least 15 years.

Of all weekends, she want to go the weekend that NYC is expecting the first hurricane in decades.I called her back and told her I would go pick her up Saturday morning and bring her home with the cat instead so she doesn't have to be evacuated later on, since she is so close to water and a power plant. She was clueless.

Do the listen to the news? they walk around with complicated phones that make information available almost before things happen, and they are still clueless.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Sounds like her mind is preoccupied with the BoyF. She may not have listened to the news at all. You're a great mom Maria!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM

She is 23....and in her own world......Be happy you hear from her........Sounds like she needs her Mom this weekend
Lucky You!!!!!!!! [Not able to have children]
I know you are looking for something underlying to this aren't you??? I bet she needs advise.....let us know????
Old 08-25-2011, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by luv-e
She is 23....and in her own world......Be happy you hear from her........Sounds like she needs her Mom this weekend
Lucky You!!!!!!!! [Not able to have children]
I know you are looking for something underlying to this aren't you??? I bet she needs advise.....let us know????
Thanks. I am very happy to hear from her. What worries me is that at times I have to call her to find out how she is. I am sure, like you said, that there is more to this that I will find out when she is ready. I'll let you know when I know.

My sister never had any children and she says that she loves just watching my brother and me raising ours. Is enough for her.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Banned

Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting ;)

I know from having a 19yo daughter you go through the boyfriend issues and all sorts of things but the nicest part is that she will come to me before her mom. She and I have a really special relationship and she knows daddy will give her great advice and I will always be in her corner. It sounds like your daughter is definitely preoccupied with her emotions and her world seems like its crumbling around her. Just be supportive and she will pull through with flying colors.

Billy
Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks Billy, My kids always come to me before their Dad. He either gets too serious or too emotional, so I always end up with someone crying on my bed asking for a magic solution for whatever the problem might be. Let see what the hurricane brings.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:22 AM
Power Poster

Lets face it, she's 23! I have a 22 and 25 and I don't think they watch the news! Have a great time this weekend!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:41 AM
Power Poster

Awww, poor kid! Yes, of course they are clueless at that age :) Maria, you are a great Mom- and your daughter knows this. HUGS, Sue
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds so familiar!!! my three girls are all married now but my 4 kids are 22-29. Sometimes they have no clue what is going on in the news or what's going on around them!!!!
Had to laugh!!!