Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My New, Holiday Plates!

Thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Would you mind telling me where you bought the plates and about how much they cost. I'm thinking of giving this a try for a house warming gift...it's such a beautiful idea.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Quote Originally Posted by SharonC View Post
    Would you mind telling me where you bought the plates and about how much they cost. I'm thinking of giving this a try for a house warming gift...it's such a beautiful idea.
    Thanks! The plates were $3 each and I got them at Wal-Mart. I believe you can get them at most department stores and even a few crafting stores.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

They are adorable!! You could do your own for each holiday & would make great gifts too. Just watched the tute. Looks soooo easy. Wonder if you could use watered down white glue instead. Seems like it would work. Probably less expensive....
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~
    ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

I'm thinking Dollar Tree might be a source also. They do sometimes have pieces that aren't plastic. I just love these plates. Nice to have another option of something to do with fabric. Wouldn't it be nice to make one of these plates, fill them with cookies, fudge, a bundt cake or fruit, and make coordinating placemats........ hmm. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
    I'm thinking Dollar Tree might be a source also. They do sometimes have pieces that aren't plastic. I just love these plates. Nice to have another option of something to do with fabric. Wouldn't it be nice to make one of these plates, fill them with cookies, fudge, a bundt cake or fruit, and make coordinating placemats........ hmm. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
    That's exactly what I made these for! I plan to fill them with cookies and give them to my neighbors for Christmas. We normally just exchange cookies in little holiday oriented plastic containers, but I thought this would be so much nicer!
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Really cute idea! I may be making some of these in the near future. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2