Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My new Juki is only 350 miles away!! >

My new Juki is only 350 miles away!!

My new Juki is only 350 miles away!!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:02 PM

I have been stalking, umm, I mean tracking the progress my new Juki is making towards me, and it just left Roseburg, OR!! That is only 350 miles away, and I may get my new baby tomorrow afternoon!! It had an original delivery date of October 3rd.. and I am going to be so excited if it really gets here tomorrow!! 4 days early!! WOOHOOO!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:06 PM

Iam excited for you!! Come on JUKI!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

I am so excited. I remember following mine five years ago. I hope you have as much fun with yours as I have had with mine. Please post pics when you get it.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Stay excited--life is short! Enjoy your new toy!!
Old 09-28-2011, 04:42 PM

I hope it is very well pkg'd. My Spartan came today and sorry to say in bad shape. they had put styrofoam peanuts, some plastic bags and also some bubble wrap (that was completely shot) 3 cardboard pieces on top. The one big screw stuck out the side of the box, 2 other holes in the box, broken bottom piece with no screw or washer in the box, and lots of broken little black pieces. the part of the wheel guard that you have the bobbin winder on is busted, and the plate above the bobbin doesn't go in all the way any more. Sent the seller a note via EBAY. He responded saying sorry that it was treated so badly, he had insurance on it and would send them to me and once he got them back he would give me my money back. Now, I did not pay much for this little beauty, but it cost $30 for shipping and as far as I can see was not packaged properly to prevent this damage. and I am sure even tho it said FRAGILE all over the box the USPS did not treat it like it was fragile. It had been thrown from what I can tell. Don't know whether I can get a new bottom to set the machine in so I can use it or not.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
I hope it is very well pkg'd. My Spartan came today and sorry to say in bad shape. they had put styrofoam peanuts, some plastic bags and also some bubble wrap (that was completely shot) 3 cardboard pieces on top. The one big screw stuck out the side of the box, 2 other holes in the box, broken bottom piece with no screw or washer in the box, and lots of broken little black pieces. the part of the wheel guard that you have the bobbin winder on is busted, and the plate above the bobbin doesn't go in all the way any more. Sent the seller a note via EBAY. He responded saying sorry that it was treated so badly, he had insurance on it and would send them to me and once he got them back he would give me my money back. Now, I did not pay much for this little beauty, but it cost $30 for shipping and as far as I can see was not packaged properly to prevent this damage. and I am sure even tho it said FRAGILE all over the box the USPS did not treat it like it was fragile. It had been thrown from what I can tell. Don't know whether I can get a new bottom to set the machine in so I can use it or not.
How awful!! Luckily, this came from HSN as a new item, via UPS. I think it will probably be treated a little better and hopefully packed very well for its trip. It is sitting on my doorstep as we speak.. CAN WAIT TO GET HOME!!! :)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 PM

Mine came from Raicharts, factory packaged.