For my sister in law

Old 06-25-2010, 02:17 AM

As many of you know..my father passed away 2 weeks ago. He was 99. I told you about my sister in law taking care of him. My brother and I were so greatful for her tireless task. She did everything for him in his final weeks. I could never thank her enough for what she has done. Today I am so excited to give her a gift that I know she has wanted for a long time. It arrived yesterday. I am giving her a Kitchen aid drop down bowl mixer and a Kitchen aid food processor. I can't wait to see her face. I never had a sister..Julie is that sister. I never met anyone so sweet and loving..the world needs more like her.
Just a little story to add to all of this. I have always wanted to drive a Bobcat. A bobcat is a mini backhoe. Yesterday my brother David called me. He said "sissy, come out here I have a present for you" I went to my fathers farm. David had a bobcat sitting there for me to drive. What fun! After the ride..we held each other and cried. What a joy to have a loving brother like him. He then took me by the hand..told me to close my eyes. He led me around the side of the barn. He had cleared a path down along the fence row. He said " the path is for our last walk together thru our fathers fields." Such a sweet tribute to our father. I miss him so much.
Time to go...I am wrapping these presents in bright red paper with huge bows. I think I will get her out of bed to open them. Can't wait!
Peace and blessings
Your friend,
Janet

P.S. Thank you to everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers during this rough time in our lives. I am so greatful for each and everyone of you.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Google Goddess

thinking of you,

Hugs Hugs
Old 06-25-2010, 02:24 AM

Will keep your family in our prayers. May this time be filled with happy memories as you remember your father.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Power Poster

Aw, youre in my Prayers too! What a nice, close family you have! Your SIL is going to love her gift!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 AM

~hugs~ You'll still have some tough moments, but it sounds like you have wonderful family to help you through it!

Sounds like your family has wonderful you to help them through it too! :)

I love the tribute to your daddy...awesome!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:12 AM

She will love it. I lost my daddy 7 years ago. Sometimes it seems like yesterday. I can't tell you that the pain will ever go away but it will lessen. Time will hone down the sharp edges and good memories will soften it. The really painful times will come less often and be replaced by a comfort in knowing what a wonderful life you had with him.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:16 AM

I cried reading this! You have some very special people in your life! Your dad left you in good hands! Prayers go up for you and your family!
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

Prayers to you and your family. Family will make this easier, not easy, but easier.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM

I'm sorry for your sorow, but what a wonderful family you have.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:37 AM

You have a loving family, my thoughts and prayers are with you all. My God comfort you and yours in your time of need. Remember Dad's always with you, you will never walk alone. Hugs