Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name of apron pattern?

Name of apron pattern?

Does anyone know the name of the apron pattern with the huge pocket across the bottom to carry vegetables from the garden, etc.? I should have bought it when I first saw it, because now I forget the name. Ty in advance for any help.

A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Here's link to dozens of free patterns:
    http://www.allfreesewing.com/Aprons

I would call this a craft or utility apron. If you belong to Sam's club, they have pretty inexpensive white chef's aprons. What I have done is fold the bottom to the front and make vertical seams to hold different items. I made these for friends and used my embroidery machine to add a monogram on the bib and a couple small motifs on the pockets. they came out really cute.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

In the old days when I dogged my grandparents footsteps, Grandma and Mama just pulled up the bottom of the apron into a sling and carried anything more than could be held in the hands. Putting pockets that close to the bottom would make it difficult to use. Carpenter's Aprons or Cobbler's Aprons keep the pockets close to the center of gravity and sound like good options.

This isn't a pattern but it is what you are looking for. http://www.rooapron.com/

Blog Entries
    couldn't you just put a pocket where you wanted one? I just got Simplicity
    s #1140 a Dummies pattern for $17.95 on sale for a dollar at JA's.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

I saw a really cute pattern yesterday that I think was called clothes line or clothes pin apron. It had a pocket across the bottom but the top piece was especially cute.

OCquilter, what a great idea. That looks similar to what the orchard workers use.

I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I need this apron. But I wouldn't wear it all the time while outside, so if I have to run back to the house to find something to carry my finds, I usually find a bucket. I think I should get used to wearing something like this when I go out to work in the garden.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast