Need to get a smart phone

Old 06-17-2015, 06:22 AM

I find the latest galaxy quite larege enough. Mine is called a phablet because it is half way between the phone and the tablet and I use it before anything else. It also comes with a built - in stylus.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:26 AM

I have Verizon also and have found if you call or do a live chat they will work with you more than at the local level. I am also going to be upgrading my LG flip phone soon only because it is not good for sending texts. It chooses what words I want ad is a pain to correct. I get laughed at constantly as to what my messages say even after I proof read it.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:40 AM

I LOVE my Apple IPhone 5S. Rest of family have IPhone 6 and love them. We have had great service with Sprint and DH has Verizon. I am not sure how to use everything on it but my kids can teach me.
I can reach my kids and DH by texting (I really don't like texting, but it is almost a necessity in my family.)
I have FREE weather apps and Free gas buddy (cheapest prices for gas locally), A FREE map app so I don't get lost (kids work this one), and I can take and send pictures of the grandkids.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:46 AM

I would like a smart phone or something more up to speed than the clam shell phone we have but hubby is happy with this phone and I'm the one who has to figure things out on the computer or the phones. I think now he can find the contacts on the cell and home phones--LOL.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Once you use a smart phone you won't believe what it can do to help you. GPS, address and telephone of place, weather, traffic, notifications, instant in touch with text, you can do Facebook, email, anything online. Watch movies, youtube, listen to radio programs you like anytime. The apps must be in the millions by now. There is an app for anything. DH had to change the clutch on his lawn tractor and used an app to watch a video of step by step of how it was done. He saved hundreds doing it himself. A smart phone is really amazing and sometimes unbelievable to an old lady like me. LOL
Old 06-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Onebyone, I agree. I am not a youngster by any means but the smart phone I have has made my life easier and more enjoyable. I don't need my GPS, don't have a paper address book or calendar (I am backed up to the cloud, and to my iMac and iPad, so I don't think I will ever really lose any of it) When we travel I don't miss any email, texts, or anything. For folks who say their fingers are too fat, you don't use your entire finger tip, just a light touch. I have big hands and haven't had any problems. I can see the grandkids on FaceTime and I follow them on Instagram just to see what's up. Folks don't have to use Facebook or Instagram or Twitter. It is not required. But, it really helps me stay connected as much as I want. Plus, don't forget downloading books for free from the library through the Overdrive App. I think these will all work on phones that are not iPhones, except for FaceTime. Best invention ever. I would give up my dishwasher to keep my iPhone.
Old 06-20-2015, 06:28 AM

Thanks for all of your input. I decided on an iPhone 6. I wanted the larger on for readibility, but the size was not practical for me.

I appreciate every message as each was valuable to my decision.