Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need help from Aussie friends down under, please! >

Need help from Aussie friends down under, please!

Need help from Aussie friends down under, please!

Old 11-18-2011, 05:19 PM

Default Need help from Aussie friends down under, please!

Hello. My siblings and I are trying to arrange a trip to Australia for my parents. I've done a little research online and it looks like a farm stay will be the best fit for them. My parents are farmers in Kansas raising wheat and cattle. While my mom probably won't view it as the trip of a lifetime, my dad certainly will! I'd like to find a farm stay where the wife is a quilter so my mom can do some of what she loves, too.
Any help or tips regarding farm stays are greatly appreciated. You may even know one down the road you could recommend?? Thanks so much.
We are looking at possible travel next November, 2012.
laura
Old 11-18-2011, 10:23 PM

I can't help you because that's a dream trip that I haven't made yet. What a wonderful gift that you and your siblings are giving.
I used to life in Arlington (a block from Lake Arlington). Worked at Med Center of Arlington in Labor & Delivery.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:18 AM

Any idea which part of Australia they would prefer? Are there any particular attractions they would like to see? Do they like really hot weather or would they prefer it a bit cooler? Would they like to be closer to the ocean or inland?
With a bit more information we might be able to come up with something special for them.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:58 AM

Australia's climate and farming styles are quite diverse, so you may need to say what sort of climate and type of farming they may feel comfortable with. However, here is one for starters. I don't know what it is like, as it was the name that intrigued me. You can get further information by writing to the owners: http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/photo..._farmstay.html it is situated in Queensland State. Give us some more info so we can assist you more.
Here is another one that has quilting supplies and encourages quilt groups to have retreats there. It's in QLD too.
http://australia.shopsafe.com.au/que...ommodation.htm

Last edited by jitkaau; 11-19-2011 at 05:03 AM.