Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with toy sewing machine

It is a Montgomery Ward toy machine. Red / white and has some blue on it. It runs on 2 D cell batteries. On the bottom it has " Art No.: 48-32200. We bought it for our DGD. She loves to sew here but scared to let her take real machine home just yet. I have threaded it ( don't know if is right or not) it will stitch a few VERY loose stitches and then quits. We got it for her to take to her house, but want it to work. If you can help it would be deeply appreciated!
    Thank you, Penny

I hear nothing but problems from those toy sewing machines. how old is the child that she can't use the real machine with close supervision, because from what I read the toys don't work

Blog Entries
    I agree. Bought a little Singer off eBay and it's just as cute as can be. Runs on batteries and has a foot pedal. Does a chain stitch. My DGD is 4 and she was so excited about the machine but she and I both are very frustrated with it. Tried everything I know to do and it won't stay threaded. Finally just gave up and teaching her how to sew on my 15-91, with supervision of course! I want to get a handcrank for her to learn on also.

I bought a little White but we haven't given it to her yet. It has an electric hook up

Blog Entries
    I would get her a "Hello Kitty" machine instead. You can get the same machine in plain white for less at Sears as a Kenmore machine. Here's a link to this machine:
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...21-171885889-2

You want the blue one, which is a 3/4-size machine (not the pink chainstitch machine).

Here it is at Overstock also, with reviews:
    http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewi...0/product.html