Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need a Machine for Adrian's Scout patches

YEAP! Arron is TIRED of having NO ONE to sew on CUB SCOUT PATCHES!!!! So as I was sewing on his Bobcat patch today; I could almost hear Cathy say What are you doing? You can't do it that way!" And I also could see her shaking her head as I did my frankenstien stitches; and that is an insult to Frank! HA HA HA!! It was NOT not good! But I got some decent ones on there till I can get a nice little one and hopefully have someone show me how to run the damn thing!!!!

So the question is... It is either Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann's that has a nice little "ecconmy" one that runs about 50 bucks give or take. I was told this one would do the job just fine. Is it a decent machine or should a get a bigger one that will have more options. Keep in mind I am only doing patches and maybe a light "possible's bag" type stuff.

HEP ME!! HEP ME!!!!! As my dad say's once in awhile.
    TNX ya' all.

Blog Entries
    Walmart has one for 79.95 that would work for you also :thumbup: Get one that has straight and zig zag stitches - if you could get us a bit more information we could help you more - even the manufacture would help greatly :lol:

Blog Entries
    question? do they need sewing on??? my DGDs brownie scout patches are iron on

Yeah they are iron on. But that glue will not stay them for long. And Adrian is like a friggin buzzsaw! OFF, FAST, and REALLY FAST! He he.

Blog Entries
    Walmart.com has a Brother 25 stitches for less than $90 deliver to store postage is free. I love mine. I do a lot of applique and the other stitches come in handy

Blog Entries
    Ok, I've shown this quilt a few times before. But this time I want to tell you that EVERY patch was sewn by me using my Elna Quilter's Dream. Don't buy a machine just to sew patches. Simply stitch just inside the satin edging using a denim needle. It worked for me and it can work for you. Save your money for more fabric, patterns, a class or just something fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adriansmom
    Yeah they are iron on. But that glue will not stay them for long. And Adrian is like a friggin buzzsaw! OFF, FAST, and REALLY FAST! He he.
    thanks.

Will they let you try it out? If it works get it - if not you could get something else. Otherwise have you asked someone who does alterations how much they would charge?

I have to say that I have tried sewing on girl scout patches with a variety of machines and can't get them to work. There is something really hard on the back of the patches. I can barely get a needle through to hand stitch them either. And, there isn't any glue that works (or that we have found). It is a real labor of love when I try to do this for my granddaughter.

Blog Entries
    I have a super cheap Brother (under $80) from Amazon, and it's great.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast