Need Suggestions

Old 08-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Oh ladies!! I am so beside myself.... Last spring, I took in a quilt I pieced (a simple panel with borders) to a LAQ (she doesnt do custom, only an all over Panto by a computer). The quilt was too large for me to try to do on my home machine, and this was a first for me... Well, I ended up doing a pieced backing. Well, long story short... she did not center the backing and it didnt look good. :( I did contact her, and she apologied profusely and offered to make it right by either giving my money back or doing another no charge (I decided to go with another at no charge).

Well, my BF picked out a piece of deer fabric, and I couldnt bear to cut it, so, I bordered it and off it went to the same LAQ... I asked her about double batting, took enough for two layers to her...

Well, my BF went by to pick it up, I was charged for the quilt (which my BF paid) AND there wasnt double batting. (he got the extra batting back).

So... I am just sick about this. I HATE confrontation... and here I am going to have to call her AGAIN, and tell her its wrong.. again.. and I need to get my BF's money back!

I just am not really too sure what to do... :(
Old 08-09-2011, 01:59 PM

Wow, 2x would be the extent of my returning to the same person, but she really needs to make sure she is documenting your requests properly. I am so sorry for the disappointment you are surely feeling and hope a resolution comes soon.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
Wow, 2x would be the extent of my returning to the same person, but she really needs to make sure she is documenting your requests properly. I am so sorry for the disappointment you are surely feeling and hope a resolution comes soon.
:( I even watched her write the "2 layers of batting" on the form. :(

That is very upsetting - hope they make it right by giving your money back. I would never want to go for a third time.
Google Goddess

call her right away and complain, not right
Old 08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

I don't know anything about LA quilting but I'm wondering if you can't do 2 layers of batting?? But it seems she would have told you that up front, right?
So sorry for your troubles :(
Old 08-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I don't know anything about LA quilting but I'm wondering if you can't do 2 layers of batting?? But it seems she would have told you that up front, right?
So sorry for your troubles :(
yep, that is why I checked, I wasnt sure if that was ok? She told me that she would prefer to 4oz pieces than 1-8oz piece (that it was hard for the machine to sew thru)... so, I bought two bags and all was good in the world. Or so I thought. :(
Old 08-09-2011, 02:05 PM

I've gotten aquilt back from the quilter and I couldn't even tell if there was any batting at all...It's very disappointing. I called her, but I was skeptical about having it ripped out and re-done, so we just live with it...and now I do the quilting myself even if it's not as professional.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM

I so hate to hear what happened to you but YOU have to go and talk to her.....
Just explain what she told you....
Then don't go there again...... or If you do, get it in writing for the future.......
I don't like to do things like this either but DON"T let her take advantage of you.......
Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM

She is not experienced enough and seems to be very unorganized. Confrontation or not she needs to return your money to you x2!! Find someone else. I'm sorry you've had to go through this.