Need yeas please..........

Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 AM

This will be a first for myself.......so I am asking for help. This December is our annual honey festival, so a friend and I are considering having a craft booth of homemade items. Since it's so late in the year, any ideas to whip up would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for items to be made by sewing. Please help.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:57 AM

How about mug rugs. you can make a few in a day
Old 07-04-2011, 06:14 AM

Placemats, Pot holders, aprons, baby items tote bags
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

I buy dishcloths at wally world cut the binding off and put christmas theme binding on them. Table runners,candle mats, christmas potholders, tissue holders for those small packs of tissues.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Mug rugs,Placemats,christmas and fall table runners.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:30 AM

Teabag wallets. Tutorial is here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-61789-1.htm

Tea cozies to cover a teapot. Add matching rug mug.

Casserole carriers...there are some links to how to make them if you do a search above.

Holiday aprons. There was a link to a very cute apron pattern posted yesterday: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/03/...rons.html#more

Table runners
Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 AM

kleenex holders, placemats, small wallhangings, mug wraps, wine bags, scarves, totebags...are some ideas that come to mind...have fun!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:30 PM

I love the cover for my tea pot that I made for it. My tea always got cold waiting. I made it with doubled batting and a tiny crazy quilting from left over scraps. One DD loved it so much I let her take it home with her. Gotta make myself another one.

I'd say go look at different tea pots your friends have, or are sold in stores near you. Measure them with your hands, easier to explain to clerks!! Mine was more or less a rectangle one, and with left over batting that I sewed together by hand. I don't like to throw anything away.

If you have a Civil War Re-inactment held somewhere near you, or a group of them near, then apron and sun bonnets are good sellers. I took apart my own Grandma's old sun bonnet and made a sister and daughter copies. Used tiny flowers in a dark field and bleached them. For the other one I got a big old dress from a church sale and it looked old. Both said women tried to buy them as they wore them at the re-inactments. The aprons can be either waist tied or neck ones, but should match the bonnets. Grandma's bonnet brim was stiffened with card board, but I used slices from bleach jugs so I could sew them in permanently.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:33 PM

do a few "quillows" to toss in your mix. they work up easily, and are handy/practical when winter comes! they fold up nicely, and get out of the way.
i have quilted a few, but mostly "tie" them with yarn or ribbon (knotted lots so it doesn't slip apart when washes). lately i've taken to quilting just the pillow pocket, or sewing on an old "doily" to dress it up.

if you have enough fabric, you could even do a "set" of quillow, mug rug, tea bag wallet and cozy. add a book or magazine. it would make a lovely visual draw, and a nice gift set for someone who deserves a relaxing cup of tea.