Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Needle under fingernail

Angry Needle under fingernail

Well quilting stopped this afternoon as I am finishing a petal play. Using the appi-needle through 7 layers of fabric pushing the needle and ouch under fingernail and past the bed of the nail. Just enough needle to pull it out. Tonight it is throbbing. Tomorrow I will figure a way to finish on sewing machine. Dumb me.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Power Poster
    Ouch! That hurts!

Are you sure? I've got the shivers just thinking about your finger.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain! Well, not really but I do know that it sure does HURT! Hope for a speedy recovery.

oh I can just see it and feel it!!! Take care of yourself and your finger. Keep an good eye on it, don't need any infections.

Ouch! Be sure and get it looked at if it doesn't get better soon. Some months ago I was watering the garden, in a rush, no glasses on....Well, as I thrust the hose into the shrubbery a splinter went under my right thumbnail right down to the bottom. Didn't think there was anything in there so put a bandaid on and drove to visit my Mother. Hours later I ended up in the Drs. office getting my thumbnail cut out and the splintered wood removed from the nail bed. It has taken months to heal and the nail is only just growing up.

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ
    OMG! That had to hurt. Hope it gets better soon. Watch for infection.

been there, done that on the same thing--petal play. I kept right on sewing (dumb me)...but ouch! and luckily, there was no blood on the piece. Joan Shay offers a special needle to prevent this kind of injury but I've never bought one...just keep trucking along with the risk of this injury. Hope your finger feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Earleen View Post
    Well quilting stopped this afternoon as I am finishing a petal play. Using the appi-needle through 7 layers of fabric pushing the needle and ouch under fingernail and past the bed of the nail. Just enough needle to pull it out. Tonight it is throbbing. Tomorrow I will figure a way to finish on sewing machine. Dumb me.
    OUCH!!! I know that must have hurt like the devil! I've had paper cuts under a nail (just "talented" that way) and they were bad enough. Just can't even begin to imagine how much a needle would hurt!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Eeeeeeshh!!! Just reading the title of this post made me curl my fingers up to protect them. Ow, ow, ow!! I will think healing thoughts your way - keep a watch out for infection!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast