Netflix-Roku and YouTube

Old 07-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Smile Netflix-Roku and YouTube

I'm trying to figure out how to get to the quilting videos and others on YouTube through Netflix on my Roku box. I signed up for the Youtube channel but don't know how to find something specific...it seems to just list a bunch of general channels. Anyone know? There was a discussion about Netflix back in April and I went through it but didn't find anything about Youtube and I thought someone had posted that they watched the Youtube quilting videos on Netflix/roku. TIA!!
Old 07-04-2015, 04:32 PM

OK, I think I figured it out! But boy, is it slow! At this rate it's still easier to download the video and watch it on my pc or laptop! My Tv's are very old so maybe that's part of the problem. figuring out the keyboard has me stumped for now.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:32 AM

Pollytink, Hi there I did not know this thanks for posting. I am going to search to find out how this works you mentioned that you figured it out, can you share.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:46 AM

Pollytink, a couple months ago i was talking to my internet provider about the speed of of my internet. At the end of the conversation, it ended up being cheaper to upgrade to the new. So, check with your provider to see if have any special offers. It was a bit of a pain and took some time to have all the equipment running but the technician can help you on that. Now my netflix runs thru without having to reload every 20 mins.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

I understand what you mean. Most of the quilting U-tube videos I watch is from a Google search. I bought an android tablet just to watch TV and U-tube videos.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:03 AM

Pollytink, make sure your internet is password protected. if not, everyone around you can access it and it'll slow you down a lot
Old 07-07-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by wbfrog View Post
Pollytink, Hi there I did not know this thanks for posting. I am going to search to find out how this works you mentioned that you figured it out, can you share.
I knew I should have written it down! I had to connect youtube on the roku with my account on youtube and forget just how I did it....will try to go back soon and make notes this time.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
Pollytink, a couple months ago i was talking to my internet provider about the speed of of my internet. At the end of the conversation, it ended up being cheaper to upgrade to the new. So, check with your provider to see if have any special offers. It was a bit of a pain and took some time to have all the equipment running but the technician can help you on that. Now my netflix runs thru without having to reload every 20 mins.
No problem with speed! Actually more than I need but downgrading won't save money so it is what it is for now. I had something like 4mbs for a long time and then they upgraded everyone to 15mbs. Streaming is smooth.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pollytink View Post
OK, I think I figured it out! But boy, is it slow! At this rate it's still easier to download the video and watch it on my pc or laptop! My Tv's are very old so maybe that's part of the problem. figuring out the keyboard has me stumped for now.
Part of the problem IS that my tv's are old....not the sharpest pic.....watching things is fine but getting there is not. I figured out most of the keyboard....there's another one on another app that's sharper and that helped. But still haven't figured out how to correct a typo.....backspace or what?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

You many need a router booster if the router is a distance from the tvs. Also the lowest version of Roku is very slow to stream and keeps buffering. I upgraded to a better version and it's so much better. Also the quality of the HDMI cables make a big difference too. You can go into setting on Roku and select the lowest quality for old tvs. That won't make the picture bad just speed up the streaming. If you google Roku tips you get a lot of information.

Last edited by Onebyone; 07-08-2015 at 04:46 AM.