Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New doggy chew toy...my pincushion >

New doggy chew toy...my pincushion

New doggy chew toy...my pincushion

Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 AM

Angry New doggy chew toy...my pincushion

My puppy 8 months old went in my sewing room grabbed my pincushion that was full of pins and chewed it off.

When I found the shredded pieces I panicked and started looking everywhere to find the missing pins .

Finally I saw my other dog on my bed and that's a NONO unless mommy gives the ok :P

so I tapped on HER bed to show her the right place and I tapped on a bunch of needles...So my pup somehow pulled all (well I hope they were all there anyway) the needles off the cushion and dropped them on his big sister's bed.

Was it intentionally? He always try to chew her legs, her tail etc.... Yeah ok just kidding but I learned my lesson keep my sewing room door close OR put everything in that room out of reach of this little thief temptations

The pictures are of Chinook the little thief
Attached Thumbnails chinook-05_juillet_2012-056.jpg   chinook-05_juillet_2012-060.jpg  
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM

My sister's dog ate part of a dog toy and had to have surgery as it was blocked in his intestines. Not cheap, they opened him up, messaged his intestines and reached in through the back to get a wing he had swallowed. It was stuck and he has throwing up, so he wasn't going to pass it himself. Another friend has a Bermese Mountain Dog puppy that likes socks. Puppies are a challenge.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:07 AM

Very pretty dog. Its funny what some will do. My cat is old and rotates where her favorite sleeping place is every couple of months and during that time if she goes to lay down and there is something there she'll just knock it off or sleep on it. Without thinking one day I had a quilt block that was layed out on a board with pins to hold all the little pieces in place until I could sew, well I put it down on her latest "bed" and when I came home was amazed. She had laid down on it with probably over 50 pins all sticking up in the air. How she did it without getting stuck is beyond me. There were a few on the floor but most of the others were still there, laying down now but still there. I've seen her sleep on some of the most uncomfortable things just to maintain that it was her spot. Even to the point that when I brought my emb machine out in the living room and put it on her table so that I could monitor it; she climbed up right next to it; making impossible to use it; so I moved it. Now she's trying reestablish a spot that she knows that I won't let her but she'll try for about a week and then find another one. Glad your doggie is doing good and didn't actually eat the pins.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:10 AM

He's a smart thief ha ha... to put the pin in sissy's bed ... too funny... not that he chewed the pincushion... that's too dangerous...
Yes, I have to keep my sewing room closed off to my furbabies and the rule for people is ... NO SHOES ? NO Entrance! ... I'm not responsible if you step on a pin barefooted....
Old 10-16-2012, 06:34 AM

What a beautiful and irresistable fuzzy buddy! One of my Saints had a real thing for the TV remote. Another got into my Mom's paritally completed hand knitted alpaca sweater... oh I thought me and the dog were going to be banished for life!
One never knows what dogs/puppies find irresistable. I am so glad yours is OK.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 AM

I use a baby gate to keep the dogs out (when I'm not sewing) but give the cat an escape route.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM

I hope you took the dog to the vet for a xray???
Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 AM

When my Dodger was about 6 months old, we left to run a few errands....not thinking everything through (garbage up, doors closed and so forth). When we returned about an hour later, Dodger had taken one skein of yarn and ran around the house until it was unwound, then returned for another skein and proceded to do the same thing. Boy was that a chore to get unwound from the bushes and stairs...I swear she had it all planned going under, over and through every possible thing she could.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pat M. View Post
I hope you took the dog to the vet for a xray???
Very good advice. I would do it immediately.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:53 AM

How can you get mad at that face? The Xray advice is a good idea though, just in case.