Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New internet connection

New internet connection

I am enjoying being able to be back on the QB again. I had dial up and it had got so slow that I never got
    on anymore. It took forever to load a picture, so I just gave up. I talked to ATT on at least every 3 or 4
    months trying to find out if high speed internet would be in my area before long(people that lived within
    2 miles of me has had it for years) and they gave me no hope.
    Then DISH offered internet service and I signed up the day they came out with in my area! Loving being able
    to see the pictures of all the beautiful quilts everyone is making, needless to say I stay on here way to much
    but have to make up for lost time.lol
    o

Blog Entries
    Welcome back - I got high speed internet about 6 months ago and am thrilled, as you are - after that slow dial-up. Now WE CAN SEE PICTURES!!!!!
    Nikki in MO

Power Poster
    Congratulations on getting a new Internet connection!

I loved it when I finally got a DSL. Dial-up is soooo slooow.

Blog Entries
    I know this feeling well!

That is wonderful news!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I know this feeling well, also. The farm land where my little rental cottage is located has been called "The Pocket" for over 200 years, and boy, is it! But now that 4G is available in our area, I finally have good access *most* of the time thru my Verizon Hotspot. I was on the internet back in the days when all that was available was 28k dialup!!! That was slow and a 'hundred' years ago. (1994-ish)

When's the technology going to catch up for the rural half of the country's population? I mean, for Petes' sake, people, it's 13 years into the 21st century already!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Ah, Jan, let's face it; telephone companies and Internet companies don't make money on us rural folks; too much $$ to run poles and lines. Too much upkeep, etc.

I live in a rural area, too. I have the fastest DSL that I can get, and any video I watch online, starts and stops constantly. It really get old fast. Wouldn't it be great to have fast internet, so a person can watch all the online video's as they were intended to be watched. Oh, well, keep dreaming1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quilter2090 View Post
    I live in a rural area, too. I have the fastest DSL that I can get, and any video I watch online, starts and stops constantly.
    You can usually get around this, with most videos, by starting the video and then pausing it, you can usually see the bar turn a different color as it loads. Once the video loads you should be able to watch it without all the starting and stopping.
    -Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy -and- sorrow, stitched with love- http://spudgrandma.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast