Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Job ..

I sewed for twenty minutes before I got ready for school this morning. School can get really busy but I figure a lot can get done bit by bit.

But...give yourself some time to adjust to teaching on top of family obligations/time. It can get overwhelming. Teaching is a lot like housekeeping sometimes - the dishes just keep getting dirty and the schoolpapers just keep piling up.

Blog Entries
    Flylady to the RESCUE!! She teaches you to do things 15 minutes at a time, and kids too. If they are old enough to mess things up they are old enough to pick it up. Having too many things or "Stuff" will make even children frantic.

Always take care of yourself, you are the heart of the home and it will not fall apart if you take time for yourself to relax and unwind.

Congrats!

Kathy ~ I cannot agree more! The day gets away from me and I have nothing to show for it even though I was busy all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyAire
    I had a lot more time to do the things I wanted to when I was employed. It seems like people that work a day job, are more organized. Since I retired, I don't get near as much accomplished as I did when working.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on the new job! My son has been off since last Thanksgiving (the Monday before!) and he's still looking. Personally, I can't wait till he goes back to work. I retired in 2008 thinking that I would have all the time in the world. HUH! But, since I've started quilting I pretty much ignore him. It's been great!

Well, I'm a nurse and I work 32 hours every weekend, off all week. It's just me and my husband so I find plenty of time. Did you say housework? What's that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Flylady to the RESCUE!! She teaches you to do things 15 minutes at a time, and kids too. If they are old enough to mess things up they are old enough to pick it up. Having too many things or "Stuff" will make even children frantic.

Always take care of yourself, you are the heart of the home and it will not fall apart if you take time for yourself to relax and unwind.
    Yes, flylady.com is a really cool system for getting out of chaos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2