Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Job ..

Hi All-

I just got a new teaching job. I am wondering how you find time to quilt with work , family, cooking and housework???
    Any tips??
    Nikki

Blog Entries
    Always set aside time for self. Even if short spurts. Why are others not helping in family matters. I was in a family of six children and everyone worked "-).

Blog Entries
    Skip doing the housework and you have more time for quilting. :D

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

Congrats on the new job! Yes, you should not be the only one doing the housework and cooking! Hope you can get some help!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KatFish
    Skip doing the housework and you have more time for quilting. :D
    This is what I always did too ... now I'm retired and I have all the time in the world to quilt. If I could just get off the computer! :)

Blog Entries
    I am 72 years old, run my own sign & convention business, raising my 11 yr.old granddaughter (and her dad). Help my DH with his business, do most of the cooking, DGD rinses & puts dishes in dishwasher. DS vacuums once a week. I set aside 8:00 to 10:00 pm to do my own thing. Hair & nails one night, quilts most nights. I average 2 quilt tops per month, 1 finished quilt and 2-3 tabletoppers. No one is allowed in to bother me when its MY TIME. Try it, it works.

Make time you need time to unwind even though family is important you need down time. This might be a couple nights a week or a weekend to yourself while husband is enjoying kid time. I have a hard time following this myself but with a new job you do need to take care of yourself also. Mark your calendar and make sure the family is in on it. I use an online calendar called www.cozi.com it gives the family a notice on their cells if there is an important reminder or such. It is a great little tool this way they know in advanced it is mommy's time and will allow for it.

Yeah for you on the job!!! I do my quilting at night after everyone else is in bed. MY quiet time if it is 15 min or hours.

I had a lot more time to do the things I wanted to when I was employed. It seems like people that work a day job, are more organized. Since I retired, I don't get near as much accomplished as I did when working.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast