Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lamp!!

Blog Entries

New Lamp!!

I bought myself a new lamp. not for quilting , just for my living room. I've wanted one for over 10 years but they were always too expensive. then our old one blew and i had to buy one that would allow a lot of wattage. my hubby loves to read but his eyes are bad. so another brass one! hate brass anymore.
    this one actually has 3 one hundred watt bulbs so he could use it but he has the brass one!! I put this one in a corner. Tough putting it together by myself but i did it. love it!! Lamps Plus is where i got it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that is pretty, native texan. 300 watts?!? you could land an airplane with it, lol.

Very Pretty!! Is 100 watt bulbs "safe" for the lamp?
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Very pretty!

Kathie

It's beautiful . . . but I just can't imagine a lamp with three 100 watt bulbs! That hurts my eyes, just thinking about it!

Very pretty!!!
    Gloria 

I didn't think you could buy 100 watt bulbs anymore. Or ... at some point in the future you won't be able to. If you like them, you might want to stock up.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I didn't think you could buy 100 watt bulbs anymore. Or ... at some point in the future you won't be able to. If you like them, you might want to stock up.
    I am stocking up on all wattages of incandescent bulbs......I refuse to use those mercury filled things that will be replacing Edison's invention.......I figure I should have enough bulbs to last a lifetime be the time I am finished.....

Blog Entries
    Very pretty lamp-but cut back to 40 watt-or the coil ones-less watts and more light from 3-that is what we use too

Blog Entries
    of course you can buy 100 watt bulbs. the store had the newer kind in their lamp, the swirling ones. i hate those but will one day be stuck using them. the lamp my hubby uses has a center one of 150 watts and three 60 watt ones. all on at the same time. I doubt i'll ever have all three bulbs on at the same time but at least i know my hubby could read by it if it ever became a necessity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast