Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Machine?

New Machine?

We looked at new machines yesterday. Not wanting to break the bank or live on mac and cheese, we want something that does what I do, and is still affordable. LOL

I want to do some embroidery, some appligue and then my piecing. Singer has a machine that is 1,000.00 on sale at JoAnn's for $499.

It has a large base spand for fabric, and for the embroidery frame. I've also looked at a Genome basic machine, not yet looked at their embrodery/appligue machines yet.

What kind of machine do you have or reccommend?
    "Wimpy Christian's won't survive spiritual warfare"- Carman

Oh you'll get tons of recommendations on here! Good luck with your search!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    Be wary of a sale like that. Find out the exact model of that Singer in order to get reliable recommendations. Also, once you know the model number, you can look up reviews of it at http://www.patternreview.com (join for free in order to see old as well as new reviews).

Personally, in that price range I would probably be looking for a Janome 6600P or 6500P. The 6600P has the accu-feed system (similar to Pfaff's built-in walking foot) but might be a little out of your price range. The 6500P is almost the same machine, but without the built-in walking foot; should be within your price range.

If she wants to do embroidery, the Janome 6600P or 65ooP won't be the machine for her, unfortunately.
    Regina in Richmond, KY

No ideas here, all I do is straight stitch. Google sewing machine online and get an idea of what your money can buy.Good luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Seems to me it would be just as easy to search here for the multiple topics already posted on this very subject.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I have gotten all three of my machines from here. They have video to watch and manual for you to download etc. They have free shipping and I got my machines within 4 days. One is a sewing machine, one is an embroidery machine and my newest one is a quilting machine.

Found this for you!
    http://www.allbrands.com/products/32...ine-299-dollar

You'll love doing embroidery! Good luck in your search.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    Be wary of a sale like that. Find out the exact model of that Singer in order to get reliable recommendations. Also, once you know the model number, you can look up reviews of it at http://www.patternreview.com (join for free in order to see old as well as new reviews).

Personally, in that price range I would probably be looking for a Janome 6600P or 6500P. The 6600P has the accu-feed system (similar to Pfaff's built-in walking foot) but might be a little out of your price range. The 6500P is almost the same machine, but without the built-in walking foot; should be within your price range.
    Hey thanks. Of course they had someone there to tell me "THIS" is the machine you want. I can afford what I want, but I do not want to spend thousands of dollars. Those machines are really impressive, but my hobby is basic, I like to strip piece, straight sew for quilt tops, and I now want to applique some and I love the embroidered block also.

I'm a new at both of those things. I just don't need a machine I have to go to college to learn to use. ROTFLOL.

I am thinking between 600.00 and 1,000.00. I've had two basic Singer machines. My mom had a Singer. My granny and great granny had Singer peddle machines. That's why I was looking at that Singer.

Can you tell me which ones are the most quiet and go the fasest. I'm sure that is almost like cusing to some, but I have a heavy foot... the faster the better. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Seems to me it would be just as easy to search here for the multiple topics already posted on this very subject.

Jan in VA
    Yes, and I have been looking at some of the topics I can find that seem to match my search. But, I prefer to interact with people. KWIM? Reading older topics does help me gleem information, but I have my own questions too. Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    No ideas here, all I do is straight stitch. Google sewing machine online and get an idea of what your money can buy.Good luck.
    Do you have a heavy foot? (go fast?)... I do, and my machine being 20 years old, sounds like a truck coming down the gravel road. Is your machine quiet... the new ones I've been seeing are very quiet compared to mine. LOL.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast