Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New project- Using scrap stash

New project- Using scrap stash

I must say one of the lessons i learned early on is not to buy an over abundance of the same fabric. My first quilt was a quilt of valor ( a labor of love) that I did not have a pattern for- rather I researched the web for the stars on various sites and drew the design on graph paper.

The problem I had was how much fabric. Not wanting to run out I asked for extra yardage of each fabric I used in the quilt. To that end, I have made a queen, lap, and a twin quilts from the fabrics and I still have fabric left over!

I needed to do something different - so I made a baby changing pad for the 4th of July.
    It has two inside pockets for diapers and closes with Velcro. The item can easily be thrown into a tote bag and if it gets dirty then just throw it into the washing machine since it is 100% cotton.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

That was a great idea!!

I also buy extra fabric- I don't want to run out.

Blog Entries
    nicely done
    Nancy in western NY

Blog Entries
    What a neat idea! You did a great job with the placement of colors, etc!!!

Nice job. I have the opposite problem, I always run out of fabric and have to go back for more. Yes, they are out and I have to find something that will coordinate.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Very pretty and useful. I have lots of fabrics as I mainly buy 5 yards and up. I hope to use my stash up.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Great idea for using up your fabric. When shopping if I like it I'll buy 3 yards. If I love it then 5 or 6. Lights I will buy 5 or 6 yards. It is so much easier (and cheaper) when I have a specific pattern in mind!!

Blog Entries

Love your changing pad! Wonderful idea to use up scraps or make for baby showers. You did a fantastic job!
    Last edited by TacoMama; 05-23-2013 at 03:09 AM.

What are the dimensions of your changing pad? Really is cute and folds up so small. Thanks.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    LOL .. found out years ago to buy extra fabric after a few trips to Jo-Ann's (and one material they were out of) to buy extra just in case .. LOL but those leftover fabrics have found their way into other quilts, garments and crafty items.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast