Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tub Ordered

Red face New Tub Ordered

I have just given myself a Christmas Present! I put the downpayment down on my new walk in tub. Since my last hip replacement, and then throwing it out of location twice within a couple of weeks, I decided that the safest way for me to take the relaxing baths I so love, was to get a walk in tub. It sould be installed by the end of Jan. It is going to be a hard long wait.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Blog Entries
    Good for you. They look like they would be AWESOME!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Wonderful, I think that would really work out well for you.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    my neighbor down a few houses has a new one. I didn't ask her how long it takes to fill up though? I'm assuming you must get in, then fill it.

I have always wondered about those. I hope you come back to this post and tell us what you think of it. I wish you many happy baths!

I hope is all and more than you hope for. Fantastic!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I have wondered about them. Tried to talk my mom into one but she opted for a contraption that she could sit on and slide over into the tub. It made cleaning the bathtub a royal pain.

So I congratulate you on making it happen and that you enjoy it.

Sounds like a wise purchase. I had total left hip replacement about four years go. So far so good.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

My neighbor has one & she has to undress, sit in the tub until it fills---and then sit there 'nekkid' until the water drains so she can get out. Heard her say the other day that she filled it first and climbed over into it!! I never get in the tub--have just used the shower for years and years. Hope it works for you better.

I haven't had hip replacement, but arthritis in my hips and back so curtailed my movement that I could not lift my legs to get into the tub. A miserable feeling! I had a tub to shower conversion in one bath and bought a bath stool to use. I don't have to wait for the tub to fill or drain, I can get in easily (about 4 inches to lift my legs), and I can sit as necessary, especially when I have to shampoo my hair. We have custody of 2 grandchildren (13-year-old girl and 15-year-old boy). My granddaughter loooooves the new tub, but my husband and grandson don't care for it. So we now a girls' bathroom and a boys' bathroom. She loves the idea that dirty boys don't occupy our space!!! Thankfully, we have the two baths.
    Last edited by M.Elizabeth; 12-29-2012 at 01:40 PM. Reason: omitted word

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast