New Window's 10

Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Default New Window's 10

I decided to take the leap of faith and download the new Win 10. It worked fine for a week and then all heck broke lose. I couldn't get into anything, called my service provider and they couldn't figure out what it was. I then called Microsoft and they were stumped after leading me through possible fixes.

I was sitting here almost crying since Win10 was now on two of my computer that I couldn't even get into. I happened upon a link on my Kindle on how to go back to the Win 7 which I had.

If you decide to go back to the operating system you had before, you can do that within the first 30 days. I clicked on the link, went to make a cup of coffee and by the time I got back, my computer was back to "normal". I just thought I'll post this in case someone is thinking about the upgrade to Win10 and hates it, make sure to go back to your original system within 30 days.

I was told that some Windows 10's don't download correctly. I guess it's a bug in the system.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:24 PM

My daughter has tried to upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 twice and both times the conversion took over 24 hours and then would reinstall back to Windows 8. She upgraded her other computer from Windows 7 to 10 without a hitch. Took a little over an hour from start to finish. She has not had much time to work with 10 so she has not formed an opinion yet. Thank you for your post. I will let her know about the 30 day deadline.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:33 PM

I just bought a new computer with Windows 10. There is a very good chance I will be returning it, if I can find a new computer with Windows 7 or 8. It works fine for awhile, and then just freezes. We've had to reset the operating system twice (at least that's what I think it is called.) The last problem DH fixed by taking out the battery for a few minutes. I'm also not thrilled with the EDGE browser that came with it, and went back to Mozilla.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Power Poster

That is why I am still running XP on my old Dell.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:45 AM

My senior SIL just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 (Best Buy did not have any 7's) I helped her set it up and it seemed to work just fine but I'm not sure I like the Edge either also the voice response, whatever her name is, wasn't very responsive and the touch screen was difficult for her to use. I think I'll wait a few months before installing Windows 10 over my Windows 7. Maybe by July or August they'll have most of the bugs worked out or maybe it'll be a dud like some others.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
I decided to take the leap of faith and download the new Win 10. It worked fine for a week and then all heck broke lose. I couldn't get into anything, called my service provider and they couldn't figure out what it was. I then called Microsoft and they were stumped after leading me through possible fixes.

I was sitting here almost crying since Win10 was now on two of my computer that I couldn't even get into. I happened upon a link on my Kindle on how to go back to the Win 7 which I had.

If you decide to go back to the operating system you had before, you can do that within the first 30 days. I clicked on the link, went to make a cup of coffee and by the time I got back, my computer was back to "normal". I just thought I'll post this in case someone is thinking about the upgrade to Win10 and hates it, make sure to go back to your original system within 30 days.

I was told that some Windows 10's don't download correctly. I guess it's a bug in the system.
I had the geeks download windows 10 on my computer about 3 months ago. BIG BIG mistake. Nothing works with it , so it was a new printer, new software, P E designs still have problems. You can't copy a picture to print, you have to put in a file, then copy and print. I wish I never heard of Windows 8 or 10. If you have Windows 7, stay with it and XP is still my favor.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:20 AM

Died in the wool dinosaur here...sticking with 7! Using 8 (or some variant) at work currently and it STINKS!
Old 11-12-2015, 05:47 AM

I've downloaded the W8 from 7 and don't have a problem. I still can't find my task bar with some of the Cprint, etc. It's a good thing I know most of them. My computer knowledge is to start punching buttons and finally something works.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:52 AM

My son who does computer work for a large family of hospitals told me to wait until they get the bugs out before downloading it. He said it would be free for a year so give them time to work out problems. Sounds like he gave me sound advice with all the problems I'm hearing about.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:45 AM

Thanks for the advice. I, too, am waiting and wondering. I've heard too many horror stories about 10. My grandson, who is a computer whiz, says it seems the odd numbers programs don't work as well. He's waiting for 11. I'm still running 7 and I think I'll stay there for a while.