Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
News Story on Fox on Joplin >

News Story on Fox on Joplin

News Story on Fox on Joplin

Old 05-27-2011, 07:23 AM

Just saw this story on Fox. The reporter told of an 89 yo lady who is still missing. He was standing in her "garage" on the concrete, he walked up her steps into her kitchen, then showed her carpet, then walked back to something I had spotted....an antique Singer Sewing Machine sitting pretty in its Cabinet, UNTOUCHED AND UNMOVED! There were no walls left in her home. This sweet lady was a volunteer at the hospital which could be seen in the distance which was so damaged it is closed.

This SWEET GIVING 89 year old lady has yet to be found. So sad...no rhyme or reason to these terrible storms!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:26 AM

Oh my gosh, I hope she is in a nearby hospital and just hasn't been identified yet. That's unreal that her sewing machine is untouched. I hope she is alive and will be fine.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Power Poster

Tornadoes do strange things. They can destroy one home and leave another beside it unharmed. I hope they find that dear lady.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:09 AM

I just saw that too. Hope someone takes care of the machine, if she is found she will love having it back
Old 05-27-2011, 08:41 AM

Wouldn't that be wonderful. She apparently loved sewing/quilting on it. Looked like nothing else she had is worth saving.

Originally Posted by patski
I just saw that too. Hope someone takes care of the machine, if she is found she will love having it back
Old 05-27-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Just saw this story on Fox. The reporter told of an 89 yo lady who is still missing. He was standing in her "garage" on the concrete, he walked up her steps into her kitchen, then showed her carpet, then walked back to something I had spotted....an antique Singer Sewing Machine sitting pretty in its Cabinet, UNTOUCHED AND UNMOVED! There were no walls left in her home. This sweet lady was a volunteer at the hospital which could be seen in the distance which was so damaged it is closed.

This SWEET GIVING 89 year old lady has yet to be found. So sad...no rhyme or reason to these terrible storms!
That is so devastating. I saw that on the news also. Hope she is found safe and sound. Hope someone save the machine for her.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Google Goddess

I sure hope they find the lady, she will be in my thoughts and prayers