No more sewing room ----

Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 AM

Congratulations on the news. So exciting, but just think after 18 years of great joy, then graduation from high school, and off to college, then guess what you might get a your sewing room back. But it is all worth it.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:53 AM

Oh I am so happy for you and your hubby... what ideas do you have for the new one?? Is this your first one? Are you going to make some diaper bags, sheets and quilts for the new one?? Do you know yet the sex of the baby?? Do you want to know??!!
congrats!!
and hugs
Quiltinmama
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 AM

Awww. congrats. Make sure you have that special "little quilt" done before you start working on the nursery.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:27 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I can't think of a better reason to sacrifice a sewing room! Congratulations!!! Although, with baby on the way, you'll want to sew even more, and there are endless things to sew for small children, especially girls. It's a vicious circle, but you'll find a way! I hope you'll show us a picture of your Special addition when he/she arrives. Be well~
Old 02-25-2013, 06:34 AM

Congratulations!!Don't fret about the sewing space. Many (and I mean many) moons ago when I was in my baby years (there were three very close together). I first was in the utility room then was sqeezed out by a new chest type freezer. Then I set up in our bedroom on a card table. Remarkably the babies slept through the whirrrrr of the sewing machine. Now I'm sewing in the room that was once the girls' room and it is so cluttered with stuff that I do my machine quilting on the dining table. You can sew anywhere, as long as the "mess" doesn't bother you. Just keep the sharp things, tiny things like bobbins, hidden from the baby. You'll be fine. Remember to enjoy those years, because before you know it you'll have lots of room to quilt and that baby will be all grown up. Enjoy!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
But for a great reason... I just found out I'm expecting!!!!! I'm thinking of a little corner in the living room to sew & put everything in the heavy duty plastic tubs in the garage till I need it. But I have some great nursery ideas
Congratulations on your pregnancy. That s exciting news. I sent you are in Missouri where it can get very humid. You may want to rethink the garage storage. It would be a shame to have everything go bad due to heat & humidity. I know a person that had this same problem & solved it by putting all her sewing/scrapbooking items in plastic totes and stacking them in a corner of her guest bedroom. She then put up a portable room divider to use the totes. (The dividers that are two pieces about 5 feet tall and have a hinge to fasten them to each other.) She made a picture collage on the sides that you could see so it looked like it was part of the decor. Another friend only had 2 bedrooms so she did the same thing in her baby's room.
Good luck in what you decide to do & be sure to sew and sew for that new baby & it's room. Post pictures.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 AM

Congratulations to you! Until the baby is born, sew, sew, sew!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM

Baby is way nicer than a sewing room for you. Congratulations! You will fine a place to sew. I is better to be out in the living area with the baby when you sew anyway. It will be good all around!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:46 AM

Congratulations, there is not a better feeling to me than to have a little one asleep in my arms. I had 4 little ones, one of which was very handy with tools at a very young age. He walked past my sewing machine one day and said "look at all the screws". This was after he took his tricycle apart and the cobblers bench that had been used as a toy box. Needless to say I hid my sewing machine until he was gone to school! Today is happily married and has 3 very busy little boys that can take things apart at his house.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:47 AM

Congratulations!!! now you can sew baby quilts!!!