Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: no power

no power

NO POWER AND NEW MACHINE

Sitting at my son's house temporarily due to outages, I was able to get online....and Amazon again sent me notice that they had 13 new Singer 160 Anniversary limited Edition machine......have wanted to order one for so long but common sense overpowered temptation.....but as my son looked over my shoulder, he talked me into it.....love that kid!! (man)

He sat down and placed the order for me....I just needed that extra push. Would you believe that I received an email from Amazon last evening and it is already on it's way to me.

Too bad I didn't order when I first saw it. I could have brought it along with me ..nice and light and easy to maneuver and I wouldn't be falling so far behind on my quilting.......

maryjane

Being without power is a real bummer. It can happen a couple times a year due to ice and summer storms. We bought a small generator and have used it a couple times. Just so nice to have to keep lights and refrigerators going. We have a wood burning stove in kitchen to help with heat.
    Glad you decided to get the machine you wanted.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Good for you I have a featherweight and take with me to sew. Love those little portable machines

Blog Entries
    I'm considering selling my Singer 160!! I've set it up and did a few test stitches but otherwise it is like new in box. I got the original release from HSN with all the extra goodies!! I love the machine but just need to get my "house" in order, so to speak. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the number of machines I have!! Imagine that!! LOL

Congrats on your new machine, you will enjoy it. I have the Featherweight 75, the one before the black one and love it. It is so light and has the greatest knit stitch that doesn't stretch the fabric. Hope you get your power back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
    Good for you I have a featherweight and take with me to sew. Love those little portable machines
    I have one of them also but after buying it, hubby said it needed new wiring (was supposed to be in working condition) wrote to BILLY on this QB and he sent me new plug setup...and then the tension was all off.it's sitting in a closet, never used.......
    really looking forward to my new baby arriving..........what to name her, got any suggestions?

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    Congratulations on your recent purchase .. Hope its all you want it to be ! My Pfaff is purple so I named her Purps, grands have named her Plum. LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh get that featherweight out, buy the purple book about it and get it in running order. You will love it. It's very easy to work on, if I can clean and resolve some minor stitching issues with mine then anyone can.
    Enjoy your new baby in the meantime.

Kat

Blog Entries
    I know Spring Lake. A beautiful little town. I remember seeing COOTS on that lake years ago. Glad to hear you are okay. When the going gets tough the tough go shopping! Enjoy your new machine. Your son rocks!
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop