no power

Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 AM

Default no power

NO POWER AND NEW MACHINE

Sitting at my son's house temporarily due to outages, I was able to get online....and Amazon again sent me notice that they had 13 new Singer 160 Anniversary limited Edition machine......have wanted to order one for so long but common sense overpowered temptation.....but as my son looked over my shoulder, he talked me into it.....love that kid!! (man)

He sat down and placed the order for me....I just needed that extra push. Would you believe that I received an email from Amazon last evening and it is already on it's way to me.

Too bad I didn't order when I first saw it. I could have brought it along with me ..nice and light and easy to maneuver and I wouldn't be falling so far behind on my quilting.......

maryjane
Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Being without power is a real bummer. It can happen a couple times a year due to ice and summer storms. We bought a small generator and have used it a couple times. Just so nice to have to keep lights and refrigerators going. We have a wood burning stove in kitchen to help with heat.
Glad you decided to get the machine you wanted.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Power Poster

Good for you I have a featherweight and take with me to sew. Love those little portable machines
Old 11-06-2012, 09:22 AM

I'm considering selling my Singer 160!! I've set it up and did a few test stitches but otherwise it is like new in box. I got the original release from HSN with all the extra goodies!! I love the machine but just need to get my "house" in order, so to speak. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with the number of machines I have!! Imagine that!! LOL
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 AM

Congrats on your new machine, you will enjoy it. I have the Featherweight 75, the one before the black one and love it. It is so light and has the greatest knit stitch that doesn't stretch the fabric. Hope you get your power back soon.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
Good for you I have a featherweight and take with me to sew. Love those little portable machines
I have one of them also but after buying it, hubby said it needed new wiring (was supposed to be in working condition) wrote to BILLY on this QB and he sent me new plug setup...and then the tension was all off.it's sitting in a closet, never used.......
really looking forward to my new baby arriving..........what to name her, got any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Congratulations on your recent purchase .. Hope its all you want it to be ! My Pfaff is purple so I named her Purps, grands have named her Plum. LOL
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Oh get that featherweight out, buy the purple book about it and get it in running order. You will love it. It's very easy to work on, if I can clean and resolve some minor stitching issues with mine then anyone can.
Enjoy your new baby in the meantime.

Kat
Old 11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

I know Spring Lake. A beautiful little town. I remember seeing COOTS on that lake years ago. Glad to hear you are okay. When the going gets tough the tough go shopping! Enjoy your new machine. Your son rocks!
peace