Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No time for sewing

No time for sewing

Last weekend my husband found a kitten being dragged off by the tom cat - the tom dropped the baby and took off. Couldn't leave the baby to die so brought it in. He is approximately 4 weeks old now and nurses from a bottle. He thinks I'm his Mom - when he needs comforting he sucks on my finger and puts himself to sleep. One of his wounds abcessed so we had to take him to the vet - $90.00 later the wound was cleaned and he was put on an antibiotic. Just what I needed was another cat! His name is Oh No. It is almost like having a new baby - he has to be fed and cleaned several times a day.

Blog Entries
    Awe but that is so sweet of you to take him in and take care of him. I am happy he will be loved and cared for.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Let's hope he grows into a big healthy cat, proud and full of himself in his new loving environment, and one day can take on that old Tom who tried to carry him off. How sweet you are to care for him so sweetly.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

What a lovely kind person you are. Can we please see a piccie of Oh No.

You sound like a wonderful mommy!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Awwwww, my son found a kitten about the same age, $ later at the vet (he almost died) he is a healthy 7 month old boy now.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

So sweet of you to rescue the baby. I rescued 3 black kittens from a negligent mama once. My DH wouldn't let me bring them in the house because we had a younger kitten. So I built a condo in the garage with a light bulb for warmth. They had lillte teeth so my vet said they didn't need to be bottle fed. Bought kitten food and mixed it with warm " mother's milk". Had to get up in the night to feed them, teach them how to use a litterbox, etc. we did find them good homes. It's a lot of work, but it made me feel good that I saved them.
    A time to tear, And a time to sew;
    A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

my son puled three out of our attic . at mid night we were a Walmart getting bottles and formula ( They sell dog and cat formula)

I have a cat named No Way. He could fit in the palm of my hand. We had to bottle feed him too. Now he is a healthy cat ,14 years old and never hears the word no.

Such a wonderful thing for you to do. You have a great big heart. Your Husband does too.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast