Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a pretty picture

I also have white birch legs! I absolutely do no tan even when I try and try. Finally gave up trying and just embrace my pale LOL! I do need long sleeves and mostly long pants in the summer though.

Pam

Blog Entries
    There is actually one product, Fake Bake, that really works and does not turn orange. It gives a beautiful light tan and if you want darker, just apply more every day until the color you want is achieved. Ask you hairdresser for it as it is a professional product.

Blog Entries
    A friend always turned orange too. She tried removing it with lemon juice and baking soda and had good results. I don't think she used them together, but would add baking soda to a bath, and she also used a wet cloth soaked in the lemon juice and buffed all over. Me, I have never tanned and would not use a self tanner because of seeing her orange one too many times. I do sit out for 15-20 min. in the sun when I can just to get vitamin D. Teased all my life for my pale skin, and am now at the age I don't really care anymore.

Blog Entries
    I have never seen any artificial tan that looks natural.
    Got fabric?

I am proud of my pasty white chicken legs, knobby knees and all!! well, it is easier that way anyway. I notice when I am in a swimming pool with light sides, my skin is the same color as the pool walls. I blend right in.

Who says that tan is the only "lovely" anyway? Lily white can look very nice as well-just take a look at Deborah Ann Woll.

I've come to the conclusion that "If God wanted me that color, he would have made me that color" So I don't even try. Never tried the tan in a bottle, and I burn quite easily in the sun.

I have had better luck using leg make up. Try Airbrush Legs by Sally Hansen. It does not give a tanned look, just makes your legs look better. Takes a while to apply and get it even. Stays on well all day and does not rub off easily. But does it leave a ring around the tub when you wash it off!

Yes, I'm just going to have to embrace my lily-white legs. Happy to report that I've managed to get the worst of the orange streaks off. Thank heavens I only put it on my legs and arms. Thought maybe the tan would camouflage the worse of the spider veins on my legs. I have to avoid the sun completely, hence no color on my legs in decades because I've had four skin cancers removed (three on my face, one on my shoulder). I've learned my lessons. Birch tree leg ladies unit!

I have Lupus and the sun is my enemy and I was thinking about trying one of the tanning products, but after all these remarks, I think I will just be white.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast