Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nova Scotia, PEI and New Foundland in August, September

Blog Entries

Nova Scotia, PEI and New Foundland in August, September

Need information on the above for RV parks. We have a 40 ft. motorhome so from info I have seen, we can't stay at any of the state or provincial parks because of our size and hook ups! If anyone has stayed in a private park that they liked - please respond. Thanks again Frankie for the links you sent (they have helped a lot) and your personal suggestions for things to see.... I appreciate any information !! THX !!! We will be there end of August and probably all of September and start heading back to WA in October across Canada..... at least that is todays plan ...... lol !

Blog Entries
    The Canadian sites by province have great travel information. The folks in the maritimes are excellent for recommending places too. You might want to contact RV businesses in the provinces for recommendations. If you don't need a hookup for an overnight in NFLD check to see if you can still park on the rural roadsides.

I planned a 3 week B&B vacation to the maritimes using local recommendations. It was great!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Just wanted to say how envious I am of your expected trip; hope you have a really lovely adventure!
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

On PEI, see if Twin Shores (www.twinshores.com) has space. We have been camping here for more than 30 years and have a large 5th wheel now but have camped in a 40' motor home, too. It has a beautiful beach, great staff and facilities. If you camp there, look us up on site S13 and S13a, New Hampshire plates. We are down by the beach. Have a wonderful trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Just wanted to say how envious I am of your expected trip; hope you have a really lovely adventure!
    I agree. Sounds like you are going to have a really fun vacation.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the information and well wishes everyone! Twin Shores looks lovely ! Sandal- don't be surprised if we come knocking on your door. lol !

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I, too, am envious!

Blog Entries
    PEI Prince Edward Island....'Anne of Green Gables' land.....wow If you are near be sure to see the dolls....I try to never be envious but I really, really am right now! Hope you take pictures and share, but most of all hope you have the greatest time!
    Lord, give us the ambition to do as much as we can, as well as we can, as long as we can, and the resolve not to despair over the things we cannot do. Amen.
    Father Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C. 1917 - 2015

Went 2 years ago and it was a great trip. Beautiful country! You will love it. I don't remember where we stayed. Found RV parks in Woodall's and Passport America books.

That sounds like a fabulous trip - enjoy every minute.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast