Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November Weight Loss Challenge >

November Weight Loss Challenge

November Weight Loss Challenge

Old 11-02-2014, 07:40 PM

Need to do this as well. Count me in! I need something to help me thru the holidays. Well, I actually need help thru ever day. I not only have a fabric stash, I have a chocolate stash!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:17 PM

Well, I'm off to a good start, since Friday, 10/31, I have lost 1.5 lbs. I really need to get back on track because, unfortunately,I gained weight in Oct. And, it wasn't because of candy, I started drinking soda again and wasn't getting enough water. I have a friend who belongs to a TOPS group and she loses 5 lbs. every month. Of course, she really is overweight but she has a real weakness for sweets - like cakes and cookies. But now she has cut that stuff out, is trying to eat more proteins but one thing she is really good about is drinking a half gallon of water daily. She swears by that. I know that when I am diligent about drinking a lot of water each day I seem to lose the lbs. So for now the Diet WildCherry Pepsi will be taboo until I lose some more weight. Good luck to everyone, can't wait to see who won for Oct.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:59 PM

The Chipotle was delicious. I get light rice with chicken, black beans, pico, lots of lettuce and light cheese. If I am eating in I get a little bit of sour cream. If i am bringing it home I put a little bit of FF sour cream on at home.
I have a chocolate stash too. Right now none of the bags are open so I am stating out of it. I drink a lot of water, unfortunately it makes you spend a lot of time going to the restroom.
I went to my first yoga class tonight. I really liked the instructor. She made sure I was doing things correctly and watched out for my knees. It was very relaxing.
Pat
Old 11-03-2014, 06:21 PM

PennIF - I also did a block but it was not in a quilt --- it was in a book of quilt blocks (3 ring binders with the plastic protectors over the blocks). There were at least 20 quilts with multiple, and I mean multiple, blocks. Don't know why mine wasn't. Didn't take pictures - sorry. I did turn my block in early (It was a Dolly Madison Star block)and talked to one person who stated she turned hers in the last day and it made it into a quilt. Go figure! There was no explanation as to why some made it and some didn't. There must have been about 6 or more binders full. If anyone knows please share. It was amazing to see so many blocks. Guess we all wanted to say that we had a block in the Quilt Show.

The two winning quilts that were thread painted were AMAZING!! Check out the site for the quilt show to see them. Also had a beautiful display of red and white quilts for the show's 40th (Ruby) anniversary.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:04 AM

And the winner for October is Jim"s Gem. With a loss of 10 pounds. Awesome job Gayle. Keep up the good work.
Pat
Old 11-04-2014, 10:23 AM

CONGRATULATIONS GAYLE !!!!! Now you have to share your "secret" to this great loss with the rest of us!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:41 AM

Congratulations, Gayle! That is great work.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
PennIF - I also did a block but it was not in a quilt --- it was in a book of quilt blocks (3 ring binders with the plastic protectors over the blocks).
The two winning quilts that were thread painted were AMAZING!! Check out the site for the quilt show to see them. Also had a beautiful display of red and white quilts for the show's 40th (Ruby) anniversary.
Thank you so much for the info....maybe they didn't realize just how many folks would send blocks and just didn't have time to make all the quilts???? Sure hope they do something positive with all the blocks they got. I did go on line and look at the posted winners and special mentions. WOW - some amazing work !!!
Hope you had a good time.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Just checking in - - hope everyone is having a great week. I will be out of town until the middle of November and will check in again when I return
Old 11-05-2014, 10:13 PM

Thank you! This is the first time I have ever won! I have done this challenge for a couple of years, off and on.
I worked hard at it.

My goal is to lose another 13 by December 9. I am going on a Caribbean Cruise with my mother and there is a excursion we may want to go on that has a weight limit. Not sure if I can make it but it is a goal. Don't know if mom wants to go on that one or not but in case she did, I need to lose the weight to be able to go.
Wish me luck!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!