Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
now to TRY and clean up my sewing room >

now to TRY and clean up my sewing room

now to TRY and clean up my sewing room

Old 12-28-2013, 12:51 PM

Default now to TRY and clean up my sewing room

Just got finish washing up the last of the left overs containers ate the last piece of chocolate cake, pick up the warping papers and ribbons that been laying around last couple days put the presents away.....then I thought I knock out a couple of pot holders...WRONG! walked in my sewing I better get busy I didn't realize it was a bigger mess then I thought.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:12 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Gee, the holidays aren't even officially over until the 2nd of January.....(or after the weekend after New Year'sDay if you're like me and use any excuse!).....why would you be mentioning this today?!! LOL! Relax!

Jan in VA
Old 12-28-2013, 05:16 PM

I've spent the last few days cleaning mine, but after 4 quilts, 10 microwave bowls and 6 neck pillows, It deserved to be a mess. Cleaned some today, then made 6 tie on kitchen towels and pieced crib quilt for charity. I will clean again after Wednesday
Old 12-29-2013, 05:02 AM

Straightened mine up on Christmas day, you can't tell it now! It really is hopeless. The bad thing is that my studio is the old attached garage right off the living room. When it was made into a room the door into the house was taken down so my mess is open to the rest of the house. Oh well its not like we get a lot of visitors out here in the middle of no where. Now that I've said that....someone will show up!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:36 AM

i am slowly getting mine back to gather we added a room on to the house and i have

to clean it up when i have a holiday meal because there is enough of us and there is
a big table in there we eat on. so mine gets all cleaned up a couple times a year. but it is fun
finding stuff i thought i would never see again lol
Old 12-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Power Poster

The second day after Christmas, DH helped me put away all the Christmas decorations and tree. I decided to rearrange the living room and got that done and then had a new dishwasher and fridge delivered installed and decided to deep clean the kitchen since it was being trampled in. I walked into my sewing room for the first time since before Christmas yesterday afternoon to clean up there and my DD called asking if I would come over and babysit for a few hours. Grand comes first so off I went. Going shopping today so will probably get in my sewing room later this evening.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 AM

I was just thinking that I needed to go into my sewing room and put away two things -- only two -- you wouldn't think that would be much of a problem but here I sit an hour later and still haven't done it!! On my way now!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
Gee, the holidays aren't even officially over until the 2nd of January.....(or after the weekend after New Year'sDay if you're like me and use any excuse!).....why would you be mentioning this today?!! LOL! Relax!

Jan in VA
I agree with Jan. But I have been trying to reorg my sewing room when Santa left me two Sterilite cabinets with four drawers in each cabinet. I place my ironing pad on top. Lots of good storage now !!
Attached Thumbnails sterlite-drawers-ironingboard.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 05:24 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I agree with Jan. But I have been trying to reorg my sewing room when Santa left me two Sterilite cabinets with four drawers in each cabinet. I place my ironing pad on top. Lots of good storage now !!
I like this set up, Joellyn!
Jan in VA
Old 12-30-2013, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Everything in my house has a place and has to be there EXCEPT my sewing room. No matter how hard I try I cant keep it clean and organized. When I do clean it I cant find things. For some reason clutter in there helps me.