Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: NOW WHAT DO I DO

I wentinto a file in my documents and i can't open it because it is missing the pes at the beginning. The file is info on rebuilding a treadle. Why are only machine embroidery patterns opening on the computer, lol

Go to your file, right click on name, then choose "open with" pick the program in which it was saved, and it should open for you.

Hope this helps

Bless you, it opened the file, then I tried again and it gives me the pes msg again. Do I have to do this for the rest of my life. AT least I can get into my quilt patterns again. That's a relief.

This sight is such a gift. I don't know anyone that sews so it is really nice to have someone to ask a question or just talk to.

When you right click and pick your program on the bottom of that small pop up screen it has a box that say" Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" make sure that is not checked.. it may help

OKAY, THAT WORKED. THANKS A LOT. NOW I ONLY HAVE TO DO IT ONCE.

Blog Entries
    I don't think that there is a single question that could be asked, that someone doesn't know the answer....or at the very least where to go to get the answer :D 8) :D 8)

And to think I quilted for 6 years without a forum or a friend who sews.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I wentinto a file in my documents and i can't open it because it is missing the pes at the beginning. The file is info on rebuilding a treadle. Why are only machine embroidery patterns opening on the computer, lol
    The other thing you can do, after you get the file open, is to do a "save as" in the correct file format so you don't have to go through the "open with" process every time.

I am a little confused. Your filename is missing a "pes" at the beginning? Why not just rename the file so the "pes" is at the beginning?

Go into Windows Explorer, find the file, right-click on it, select Rename and add the "pes" to it.