Nurses and Doctors

Old 06-21-2009, 06:54 PM

Thank you. I really try to go the extra mile for my patients. I am their advocate and speak up in their behalf. Just a few thank you's that are so nice and sincere make up for all those who are not as nice, or who forget. It's pretty easy to become attached to patients - and that's not so bad since they KNOW I care!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 PM

I too thank you for the recognition.
My nursing career lasted 40years until recently due to chronic disabilities. When I started, I wore a white uniform dress with white stockings and of course my white cap with black stripe. Kidney transplants were new and most of today's instruments, diagnostic devices, and treatments were unimaginable. The one constant was always the devotion and compassion I sincerely had for my patients. That's what I miss.
Cathy
Old 06-22-2009, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
I too thank you for the recognition.
My nursing career lasted 40years until recently due to chronic disabilities. When I started, I wore a white uniform dress with white stockings and of course my white cap with black stripe. Kidney transplants were new and most of today's instruments, diagnostic devices, and treatments were unimaginable. The one constant was always the devotion and compassion I sincerely had for my patients. That's what I miss.
Cathy
HI, I too was a nurse for 38yrs. Loved working with the patients, hated the book work. I wore the white uniform, white shoes, white stockings and cap. Guess being from the old school it was hard to change, now in the hopital I am not sure who the nurse is or who the cleaning lady is. Times do change. Marge
Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Power Poster

I offer up a huge thank you as well..My DH had 4 surgeries in about 18 months. It all came upon us very suddenly and with neither of us ever having even been sick before, we had NO idea what to expect! Literally, our lives depended on those nurses and Drs. With 3 different hospital stays at 2 different hospitals....we recieved excellent care delivered with compassion that we can never repay. Thank you to all caregivers...you are truly appreciated!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Pam, sorry to hear that you and hubby have been having a time of it, but you have had good care. Last year was mine and hubby's year,...please, God, let it be over!...
I know what you mean about the accounting dept.'s.
We had some retirement money, and we keep dipping into it, to pay the medical bills! me, you, both hubbies...group hug!!!
I had to pay some ppl what i could a month, and they either had to take it, or put me in collections. So far, we have 'dipped', and kept our noses above the water, but we are not even 'old', yet! I am 51!
more hugs 4 u...lol, I am a hugger :wink:

I worked in the medical environment for about four years, and it is tough work. The nurses are the crux of everything.
Ppl don't see behind the walls, when the nurses are with those doctors, but I did! I was there.
You think your nurse is ignoring you, or on a cigarette break? think again.
She may be going to bat for you, hustling her hiny up and down the hall, no matter how she feels, or what's going on at home.
Be kind to the nurses, no matter what you may think...just try taking a one day walk in their shoes,...you'll run screaming, barefoot, real quick :wink: ( :thumbup: male and female :thumbup: )
QC you are one of my favorite people!!!! We are paying a bit a month too. I love the nurses. But I also remember when my grandson Henry was born in Seattle - Csection - the dr lifted him up and said "Welcome, little one." I burst into tears. Then my other daughter, Tiffany, went over (we were all there) and the nurse was cleaning him up. He was touching her hand. (The baby) And Tiffy said "Is that just a reflex?" And the nurse said, "No, he knows." Tiffy said "You have the best job ever." And the nurse said "Yes, I do.". We will get to do this again August 4 with our twin grandsons - stay tooooooned!
aww, that is such a sweet story, Pam, and you can bet, I will stay tuned. So fun, your getting twins! woo hoo...we had two puppy siblings...I named them, double and trouble! :wink:
Old 06-22-2009, 04:09 PM

God Bless ALL Medical staff!!!!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM

JAMIE - how is everything going?!!!