Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Nustyle 228 wiring layout

I have recently bought a Nustyle 228 The machine has not worked right since arriving. Comming to look at it further we have realized the motor and wiring box have been tweeked around badly. We have asked Nustyle for info but have been unsucessful. My husband tried to help and has no idea how to put it right. Is there someone out there that can help me with this wiring issue so I may get my machine working finally, please. Even if it is just photos of the box and the way it is wired. The original control dial is there and the original motor the unit was set to run with other than that I am at a loss. Someone please help me, please.

Hello and welcome to the QB!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa.

send your query to Lostn51, AKA Billy- the resident expert- or post pictures in the Vintage Machine Shop- you will get lots of help.

Blog Entries
    I would contact this company:
    http://www.nustylequilting.com/

Thank you, my name is Mechelle. I have contacted Nustyle and they have very limited info on this model. If anyone else has one out there, your input would be greatly appreciated.

I have the Nustyle 228. You want photos of both the inside and outside of "the Box"? I wish someone had an owners manual!

Wiring for NuStyle NU-228 M bobbin.

Quote Originally Posted by soupnatzi1 View Post
    I have recently bought a Nustyle 228 The machine has not worked right since arriving. Comming to look at it further we have realized the motor and wiring box have been tweeked around badly. We have asked Nustyle for info but have been unsucessful. My husband tried to help and has no idea how to put it right. Is there someone out there that can help me with this wiring issue so I may get my machine working finally, please. Even if it is just photos of the box and the way it is wired. The original control dial is there and the original motor the unit was set to run with other than that I am at a loss. Someone please help me, please.
    I posted photos of the inside of my Control box on my Nu-Style NU-228 that has an m-sized bobbin. Hope this helps... if you need any other photos let me know. I will be posting other photos later.
    http://tinyurl.com/9zh9aax

Paula

How kind of "ohthatpaula" to take all those pix and post them. Sure hope it helps the owner of the Nustyle. Folks here are so very helpful!

Smile

Photos of NuStyle NU-228. Here is a new link that works, it not only includes photos of the box and electronics, but I have included other photos of the machine.
    http://tinyurl.com/kpzfbbw
    Last edited by ohthatpaula; 11-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.