Nutri System Experience

Old 07-06-2014, 05:40 AM

My sister and I tried it, if you like eating sawdust, go for it - threw away three weeks worth of food, it was that bad to us.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
My sister and I tried it, if you like eating sawdust, go for it - threw away three weeks worth of food, it was that bad to us.
I have tried losing weight more times than I can remember ! In 1985 I was down to 115 and felt good. I need a goal to lose weight ! this one was my daughters graduation.
I now have begun using Calciium Beninite Clay. (sp) It helps with weight loss and really helps with your health. If you do this use a good one. you can go to aboutclay.com or Global Light Networks you can get a good one at either place and good information at either place.
One needs to eat right and move ! walking works. I also garden eat fruits, vegies and you need protein so meat and/or eggs help. Now to just follow my suggestions!
Old 07-06-2014, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
I have done them all one time or another...every diet is just a DIET! I gained back all my losses plus some. I have learned some good things from each one though and now I am learning to live on less food, but not less weight because I am much less active now.

I eat turkey and chicken, avacado, and as little breads as I can manage. I juice breakfast (1/2 veggies and 1/3 fruit/and protein. I eat salads when out mostly and try to cook a good dinner....this is my down fall...I don't enjoy cooking any more and I wish I would, so I end up with more frozen foods, or easy potatoes in the micro...stuff like that. My snacks are mostly almonds and once in a while pretzels. Boring ain't it! And I am not loosing, mostly maintaining my 50 pounds overage!

Some of us have a very slow metabolism even though the Drs. say just eat less. (I also use an app My Fitness - to track these foods and I eat between 1200-1400 cal a day.) This might be my best tip for everyone....track your eating.

PS...anything that needs advertised sp much isn't working or worth your time.
I agree with you just count your calories I am going to try and lose 25 pounds by counting calories.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:46 AM

I am on my 11th day of MyFitnessPal.com and have started seeing results by journaling, adequate water intake and following their calculated caloric, fat, protein, sodium, fiber grams for my personal weight loss. The tracking keeps me accountable otherwise I stuff the good bad stuff all day.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
I wouldn't try any of those'
There is a secret to losing weight. It is you have to eat less and move more. One thousand calories a day is good for me.
I can't agree more!!!! All of these programs and products...toss them. Start by cutting out ALL processed foods...full of chemicals anyway, and tons of fat and no nutrition.
Once you've done that, you will start to naturally adapt to getting back to eating the way we were meant to..real food...the weight will just drop off and stay off.
There is no magic program.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

I bought the starter kit at Wal- mart. Food was ok. A friend of mine lost quite a bit on the home delivery program. All diet programs are pricey so if you are going to invest the money... Invest the effort
Old 07-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Dottie, I am surprise no one has mentioned the TOPS organization...Take off Pounds Sensibly...take a look at www.tops.org and yes there is a group that meets in your town. Yearly membership is $28.00 ...monthly dues is usually under $5.00...it is all about accountability and encouragement. Weekly weigh ins and encouragement. There is not a "single" diet or weight plan offered, but you choose what works for you, turn in a weekly menu (optional) and listen to programs about a variety of plans or menus that educate and enlighten you and give you hope. Sometimes there are incentive games for losing and alway healthy living stressed. I am the weight recorder in our group, have been in it for several years, and lost over 45 pounds. Now to get busy on the next 50...lol. These groups also have local rallys and state and national gatherings which are great. Good luck.