NY Beauty

Old 02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Those are all so pretty. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM

Thank you everyone. I just love taking pictures especially of the outdoors/nature. I love what mother nature creates for us to view. This is actually in the Catskills which is about an hour and a half north of where I live. Just love it up there...heck anywhere where nature runs free!
Hugs
April
Old 02-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Last year, Sasha and I went down to Whiteface to go skiing and we visited lake placid, north pole, and high falls gorge. It was soooo pretty! I got tons of similar photos of the ice from high falls gorge.
I remember going to North Pole and high falls when I was a kid in the middle of summer, it was cool to see how different everything was.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:24 PM

Wow April....beautiful photos and equally beautiful scenery. If it weren't so cold, I'd say you are lucky to live there!! No cold lover am I, no, no!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM

I love Whiteface. We were camping there when Izabella was 18 months old. It is beautiful and you can go in to lake Saranac and ride the scenic railroad. I also enjoyed going to the North Pole with Izzy :-)

jljack-it is beautiful and I love the cold-makes the fire so very warm and inviting lol

Hugs
April
Old 02-16-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Thank you everyone. I just love taking pictures especially of the outdoors/nature. I love what mother nature creates for us to view. This is actually in the Catskills which is about an hour and a half north of where I live. Just love it up there...heck anywhere where nature runs free!
Hugs
April
Beautiful pictures. I am originally from NE Pa...only been in Utah for 5 years. Your pictures remind me of the scenery there. Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

How lovely to be near the hills. Where I am, it's more flat.

There is a beauty to every season. One thing about having a long winter is that it makes you so much more appreciative of spring!

Do you find yourself pausing, when you step outside in March, to see if you can hear any bird songs yet?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics

Do you find yourself pausing, when you step outside in March, to see if you can hear any bird songs yet?
I actually heard some the other day and thought I was loosing my mind! I am wondering if someone's house pet got out. I love to listen for the birds! And I love the changing seasons so much.
Hugs
April
Old 02-16-2010, 11:23 AM

That is definatly New York! I love seeing all the ice especially when its gets a blue color.

I live in New York too! :)
Old 02-16-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I love Whiteface. We were camping there when Izabella was 18 months old. It is beautiful and you can go in to lake Saranac and ride the scenic railroad. I also enjoyed going to the North Pole with Izzy :-)

jljack-it is beautiful and I love the cold-makes the fire so very warm and inviting lol

Hugs
April
We really want to go back this summer, I went a long time ago in the summer when we went camping, but Sasha's never been in the summer.
We were disappointed with the ski mountain, though. There weren't that many runs, and they were REALLY icy, and the lift ticket was bloody expensive!! You can get better skiing up here, but the scenery was beautiful :)