Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me >

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Odd Prescription--kind of spooky to me

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Power Poster

I got a phone call from a chain store that has a pharmacy yesterday saying I had a prescription I needed to pick up. Okay, I just assumed it was the one prescription that I can't get with Meds by Mail. I went into the store tonight and it was very odd. It was a store in Utah that had filled this medication on the 8th(I am in Idaho), but they had my name, address, phone number--and a doctor I had never heard of. I haven't been in Utah for at least 4 or 5 years. Have you ever heard of anything like this before?
Old 03-16-2011, 09:13 PM

That's very strange. Hope you get this figured out.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:15 PM

It might be an honest mistake or it might be someone with your identity. I have had mine stolen and it is not fun. Try to call the Dr's office and confirm with them. If they used your insurance info call them too. Also might not hurt to call the credit reporting companies to double check that this was an isolated incident.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM

If this RX is a controlled med, someone might have lifted the prescription discarded by your current pharmacy and tried to have it filled elsewhere.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
If this RX is a controlled med, someone might have lifted the prescription discarded by your current pharmacy and tried to have it filled elsewhere.
If it was mine it wouldn't be a controlled med, just something to help me sleep. Doesn't it seem strange that someone would go to this much trouble and not pick up the medicine? I haven't had anything filled since June '09.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM

wow that would be scary to me. good luck finding out what happened.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
It might be an honest mistake or it might be someone with your identity. I have had mine stolen and it is not fun. Try to call the Dr's office and confirm with them. If they used your insurance info call them too. Also might not hurt to call the credit reporting companies to double check that this was an isolated incident.
Thanks, I will check on these.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:08 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I'm really curious to hear how this turns out, it's strange.

Jan in VA
Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 PM

A few years back we got a bill from an insurance company that we hadn't had for 10 years. The bill was for a doctor visit somewhere in Kentucky. We have never been to Kentucky and live in IOWA!!!! I ended up calling the insurance company and found out that the bill was for someone else with DH's name and DS's name. Unfortunately there are hundreds of males with the same names as DH and DS's. :( Hope that you get this figured out as easily but with less stress that I had.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:39 PM

Last October I think it was, I got a copy of a bill that Social Security had paid for my husband's blood tests taken in April, 2010. It showed which ones, about 4 of them, the doctor's name and where they were taken.

But my DH has been dead since Feb 07, we'd never been to this town and never heard of this doctor. I immediately wrote SS about this, and they sent me a letter telling ME TO CONTACT THIS DOCTOR AND SUGGEST TO HIM HE CORRECT HIS RECORDS!!!

Isn't that the stupidest thing ever? I thought that SS was supposed to try to catch these thieves, but they are real lax about it. No wonder so many get away with it.