Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, Lordy! I am now trying to get used to bifocals.

Blog Entries
    My eye exam showed I needed them as I suspected when my eyes blurred up in a sewing class this past Monday. What a mess. I"m bobbing my head like chicken pecking it's food. But I can see so much better to sew and I can see the needle eye. :D :D :D :D :D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Bella, you'll get used to them in a flash! Did you get the no-line progressives? That made it much easier for me.

Yeah

See I told you that needle had an eye LOL

Bella I know exactly what you mean when I first got my glasses for distant almost 14yrs ago now - whilst I was out walking it felt as if the ground was a foot higher than it actually was. I must have looked like a mad women on a mission lifting my legs higher than I normally had done as the pathment appeared closer than it actually was.
    On a more positive note though I still have the same prescription for the weakest lense 14yrs on - not bad huh.

Enjoy your sewing :wink:

Tisha :D :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    I got no line, transitions lens, titanium frames with no frame on the bottom of the lenses. Titanium frames are featherweight and almost industructible. I gave up heavy metal or plastic frames long ago. The glasses are fine, it's me that's the problem. :?

hang in there, it takes a few days, soon you'll be used to them , count to 10 and it'll be alright. I threatened to take a hammer to mine when I first got them.

I too have the no-line progressive and got used to them right away. You will too.

Let's hear it for no line, progressive lenses. The other ones made me sick to my stomach and I couldn't walk down stairs.

Amen on the no line progressive lens! I also have the photo gray so I don't have to use Sunglasses when I go outside! So much better for driving also! :lol:

Blog Entries
    I was not given the choice of lines. Why would anyone want the lines? The only problem I have now is using the computer. It's hard to get the screen in the right spot.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the "bobbing" club!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhh to be able to see again... :wink: You will get used to them after a week or so...isn't it great to be able to thread a needle on the fiirst attempt??? 8) 8) 8)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast