Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: OK, I am officially an old fogey(ette)

WHY does everything have to become New and Improved??!! Why can't they leave it alone if it is working well?

Case #1 - the "new" Yahoo Mail. Half the things I try to do don't work. The old one worked fine.

Case #2 - the "New" Paypal shipping. Added an extra step to the process, now I have to login to PP for EVERY label I print.

And don't allow me to commence on the mess they were making remodeling my favorite grocery store yesterday!!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    guess you don't use Facebook..they did changes yesterday that has everyone ready to leave it!

Funny, the more NEW and improved changes they make the more everyone seems to LOVE the old versions! My favorite stores are the OLD fashioned ones..wood floors, shelves, etc...not really a shiney new person at all!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts
    WHY does everything have to become New and Improved??!! Why can't they leave it alone if it is working well?

Case #1 - the "new" Yahoo Mail. Half the things I try to do don't work. The old one worked fine.

Case #2 - the "New" Paypal shipping. Added an extra step to the process, now I have to login to PP for EVERY label I print.

And don't allow me to commence on the mess they were making remodeling my favorite grocery store yesterday!!
    You left off the new "improvements" on Facebook! What's with all the changes? If it ain't broke...don't "fix it".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts

You left off the new "improvements" on Facebook! What's with all the changes? If it ain't broke...don't "fix it".
    :thumbup: I don't use FB very much, just to keep in touch with close friends and family. I don't have 100's of FB friends. I just want the simple format, I don't need all the additonal tweaks. Just like my cell phone. I don't need it to Google, check my email, FB, etc. I just need it to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages and take pictures.

I forgot that!! Yes, I saw that as well and hated it.

I agree the New Yahoo will not load after about 5 min. It is only here that I can not get it to load. I have to restart the computer for another 5 min worth of reading. Just talked to my son and he suggested I use Google Chrome instead of fire fox and so far it is working. I agree with if it isnt broke don't fix it!

I sure agree with you. They changed my soap so I break out in a rash when I use it. I hate what they have done to so many things they just cant leave well enough alone. I have stopped buying so many things I used for years. I am old and just learning how to use a computer but every time I learn something they change it and I have to start all over again.Thank I will stick to my old sewing machine and old quilt patterns and let this new world go by.

you would think they would learn after the fiasco with New Coke.

Blog Entries
    I am right there with you!!! I greatly dislike changes but they are a part of life. I am kind of old fashioned and will probably always be an "old fogey".

I don't use Facebook,even though I have a page. Yahoo mail drove me batty trying to figure it out. Like the old saying goes, if is ain't broke, don't fix it. LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    guess you don't use Facebook..they did changes yesterday that has everyone ready to leave it!

Funny, the more NEW and improved changes they make the more everyone seems to LOVE the old versions! My favorite stores are the OLD fashioned ones..wood floors, shelves, etc...not really a shiney new person at all!
    What she said...